SOLD Fender Road Worn Jazz Bass P/J Mod Fiesta Red

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bray101, Apr 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bray101

bray101 Supporting Member

Snagged this beauty from TBer duke2004 late last year.

This thing is incredible, but I'm out of room unfortunately and the other stuff I have are things I've built that wouldn't get what I need out of them.

Needless to say, this is a regrettable sale for me.

Original thread can be found here so you can see all the specs as well as another link in that post to show the professional transformation from jazz to p/j.

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/sale-only-2010-roadworn-jazz-p-j-1021739/

Only changes i've made are the road worn bridge was replaced with a Gotoh 201, and then to a standard Fender bridge, which is currently on it. And strings on there at the moment are Elixir 45-105.

MIM Fender P pickup in there currently that sounds awesome.

Multiple purchase and trade options, so here we go!

ENTIRE BASS with Molded Hardshell Case - $800 OBO or trade
    $800 SHIPPED for bass with MIM P pickup in neck, road worn jazz pickup in bridge, Fender Molded Hardshell Case, custom Warmoth P/J pickguard, and will also include a standard tort jazz pick guard

Would also entertain trades of similar value (Looking specifically for Black/Maple P Bass Special or 70s Gibson Grabber (sliding pickup or 3 pickup version) Cash be added either way

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Part Out Options:

LOADED BODY ONLY - $400 OBO SHIPPED or trade
    $400 SHIPPED for Body, Standard Fender bridge (non road worn), Fender Road Worn bridge pickup, Fender MIM P Bass neck pickup, Pots and road worn control plate, Both pickguards from listing - or trade for empty black P/J body (precision body style) plus some cash

ROAD WORN BODY WITH STANDARD MIM JAZZ NECK - $600 OBO SHIPPED or trade
    Body listed above with a 2003 MIM Fender Jazz Neck with CIJ Geddy Lee Tuners. Poly finish has been removed from back of it, and re-sealed with Tru-Oil. Plays super fast and clean. Recently cleaned and frets polished. $600 includes Fender Molded Hardshell case. Would also trade all black/maple P-Bass Special (earlier model passive version only).

Any questions, feel free to ask. Price is somewhat negotiable, but I would much rather just keep it than take a low-ball offer.

There are pictures in the thread above, and I will add a few more, but it looks identical to when I got it. Never left my house unfortunately.

Shipping is to lower 48 USA only, and Paypal is form of payment. No trades.

Thanks!
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
  2. bray101

Here are pictures of the guts and one showing the small part that shows if you use the stock jazz guard. Note also that the guts pic shows the Gotoh 201 that is no longer on there.

ImageUploadedByTalkBass1396934066.202905.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTalkBass1396934097.488333.jpg
  3. bray101

The "I posted in the middle of the night and it probably got lost in the mix" bump

Still available!
  4. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Shoot. I might be interested in it as a standard J bass if it were not for this:

[​IMG]
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. mb94952

mb94952 Endorsing Artist : SFARZO STRINGS Gold Supporting Member

Personally, I think the "imperfection" with the pick guard on a Road Worn bass is PERFECT !!! That gives is SO much more personality and ... get ready ... It's a ROAD WORN ! It's not supposed to be perfect !

$450 shipped is a BARGAIN for this ! Anyone one the fence better jump off to the correct side on this !!!
  7. bray101

Yea. I agree. I'm giving the option for someone to only take the p/j guard and I'll be more than happy to keep the worn one. Haha

But yea. Hopefully it sells!
  8. Ed P

Ed P Supporting Member

Is the RW neck still available?
  9. bray101

Thread was a little confusing. I cleaned up the original post with all of the purchase/partout/trade options and lowered all prices across the board

If you have any questions or offers, feel free to PM me!

Thanks!
  10. bray101

11. Ed P

Ed P Supporting Member

Is there a RW j neck currently on it, and if so would be willing to sell just the neck?
  12. SLICK13

SLICK13 Supporting Member

Is this bass still available with the original roadworn neck?
    How much does this bass weigh?
    thanks
  13. El Tookay

El Tookay Supporting Member

14. bray101

All replied.

Still available at the moment.
  15. bray101

16. bray101