Fender Rumble 112

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by ClassicJazz, Mar 16, 2014.

1. ClassicJazz

ClassicJazz Bottom Feeders Unite!! Supporting Member

Pickup for only $289 a new Fender Rumble 112 cabinet. Used it the other at a gig and I must say I was pleasantly surprised on how great this cabinet sounded.

Rated at 500W @ 8 ohms, this cabinet sports an Eminence neodymium 12" speaker and a small horn. And only weighs 23 lbs!

I used it with my Genz-Benz Shuttle 9.0, which at 8 ohms is 500W and my Fender P-Bass Special. It just sounded awesome. Plenty of punchy low end and volume.

Only two gripes, the cabinet only used 1/4" jacks. So I had to pick up a 1/4" to Speakon speaker cable to use it with the Genz-Benz. Also the material on the cabinet is rather smooth! So the amp kept on vibrating off the cabinet! Next gig I'll have to use the rubber street hockey pucks I normally put under each of the amp's feet. That will keep it in place!

So if you are looking for a small portable cabinet, I recommend this one....

[​IMG]

2. Linnin

Linnin

+100 Agreed! I own a pair of these and a Rumble 350 head. The tone is killer, and plenty of volume too. Compact and light weight, you just couldn't ask for more.

3. Precision101

Precision101

Hey guys do you think a 350 rumble has a great sound? I love the tone of the 150 but I need more power.

4. Linnin

Linnin

Yes I do! Tone controls are a bit different with fully parametric/sweepable mids. Rumble 350s are an incredable bargin right now! If you want one you really need to go ahead and ROMP on it right away.
    I happen to like the low-mid & high-mid controls that the Rumble 75 & 150 share. The new Rumbles from the 40 up all share this configuration. So take your pick!
    :)

Rumbles Rock! :bassist:

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Precision101

Precision101

Thanks dude! My b day is on the 24th so I'm totally getting the 350 and I've noticed the prices went down on the rumbles. Perfect!

7. ClassicJazz

I am not familiar with the Rumble heads, but I do know my Genz-Benz Shuttle sounded awesome with this cabinet. Plus the Benz is 500W @ 8 ohms.

The nice thing about the Benz is I can use it on small or large rigs. Small would be with the new Rumble cabinet I got. Medium size rig would be the Benz with my Markbass NY 212 (2x12) cabinet which is 4 ohm, which jumps the power to 900W. For even more sound I'll use the Benz with my 4 ohm SWR Marcus Miller 4x10 GoLight cabinet.

8. ClassicJazz

Well used the Rumble for the second time at a gig, still with the Genz-Benz Shuttle and this time with my Fender Jazz Fretless. I have to say, I really like this cabinet! Just sounded great! The best $289 I've spent in a long time!

9. Precision101

Precision101

I got my rumble 350 a couple days ago.i realized if you boost the treble to around 9 and bass around 7 or 8 And scoop the mids a bit you get a bright and deep sounding tone. I fiddled with it for a little and it's amazing

10. Linnin

Linnin

Very Cool! If you're joiner come join the fun at the Fender Rumble Club. You too ClassicJazz, you're more than welcome! :)

11. Precision101

Precision101

Awesome!