1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Fender Rumble 15 scoop

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by joplin, Aug 6, 2012.

1. joplin

joplin

Aug 31, 2008
    NYC
    Has anyone tried to modify a Fender Rumble amp to remove the scoop? I can't adjust it flat with the knobs...

Attached Files:

2. hmmm the new ones have a scoop (shape) button but I hear you that it's inherent tone is already scooped...

Seems like a starange place to have it scooped considering it is a low powered amp... you'd think you'd be able to get more useable volume for gigging from it if it was set flat, but I guess how it sounds on the showroom floor is what sells it unfortunately.

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. They're already scooped by themselves, aren't they?

5. Yes. When I used one for about a year, I had to constantly have the midrange controls cranked up obnoxiously far, and the treble cut to have a usable sound live. Now I'm using Ampeg and Gallien Krueger... things are better. Although I should note that the Fenders are not bad amps for what they are. :smug:

6. Meh, that's why they're so punchy. I have both the Lo and the Hi mid as cranked as I can. Now it's quite nice. I finally cut trough!

7. joplin

joplin

Aug 31, 2008
    NYC
    sounds ok on my Jazz but kinda ruins my P bass sound that I like.