1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Fender Rumble 15 scoop

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by joplin, Aug 6, 2012.

1. joplin

joplin

Has anyone tried to modify a Fender Rumble amp to remove the scoop? I can't adjust it flat with the knobs...

Attached Files:

2. Son of Bovril

Son of Bovril

hmmm the new ones have a scoop (shape) button but I hear you that it's inherent tone is already scooped...

Seems like a starange place to have it scooped considering it is a low powered amp... you'd think you'd be able to get more useable volume for gigging from it if it was set flat, but I guess how it sounds on the showroom floor is what sells it unfortunately.
  3. Salamenster

Salamenster

They're already scooped by themselves, aren't they?
  4. El-Bob

El-Bob

Yes. When I used one for about a year, I had to constantly have the midrange controls cranked up obnoxiously far, and the treble cut to have a usable sound live. Now I'm using Ampeg and Gallien Krueger... things are better. Although I should note that the Fenders are not bad amps for what they are. :smug:
  5. Salamenster

Salamenster

Meh, that's why they're so punchy. I have both the Lo and the Hi mid as cranked as I can. Now it's quite nice. I finally cut trough!
  6. joplin

joplin

sounds ok on my Jazz but kinda ruins my P bass sound that I like.