1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Fender Rumble 410...available when?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by j67, Nov 4, 2013.

1. j67

j67

I ordered up a Fender Rumble 410 cab from GC a couple weeks ago...still not shipping from Fender. It's not just GC. Sweetwater, MF, AMS...no one shows it shipping until 11/11. Last week they all said 11/4, next week they probably will say 11/18. Does anyone have any inside info on the availability of this cab?
  2. Linnin

Linnin

Just give Fender Consumer Relations a call. They should know when the container ship is arriving in port and what the general time frame is for distribution.

Telephone: (480) 596-7195
    Fax: (480) 367-5262
    E-mail: consumerrelations@fender.com
  3. BassCliff

BassCliff

Hi,

I guess it wouldn't hurt to get a status report. ;)

I have a good friend who works at a GC distribution center. He gets me killer deals, pretty much wholesale prices. He ordered my new GK Neo 410 for me. Three weeks later he gets an email from the factory that says there are delays but I can have a factory second (cosmetic issues) or an 8 ohm cabinet (I wanted a 4 ohm cab) right away or wait to have a new one built.

I opted to wait for a brand new cab to be built. I wanted to put my own dings in my 4 ohm cab. It took another 3+ weeks to get delivered, basically a 6 week lead time. But it was worth it. I got a great deal on a nice piece of gear.

I urge patience. Some things just take time. Congrats on your new cabinet. Don't you just love new gear? :D

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
  4. j67

j67

Thanks for posting the number, Linnin. I was going to go that route and you saved me from having to look it up. I talked to a guy at Fender named Jeff who informed me that 500+ units were currently shipping and that there would be a good chance mine is on it's way (based on my claim that I ordered it around Oct 18th). Hopefully soon!
  5. Linnin

Linnin

Yeah, Jeff is very cool. 500 cabs aren't going very far in North America, given that Fender's Rumble 410 is the very best selling bass speaker cabinet in the U.S.A. I hope you get one. :)
  6. bri-bass68

bri-bass68

Last week I ordered a Fender Rumble 410 from Zzounds.com - Unfortunately when it arrived it was damaged. More than just a ding. I called and emailed - Long story short they shipped be another Rumble that same week - So I'd say the turnaround was less than 4 days after shipping the damaged one back. I love this cab. I think it's a hot item so they are becoming scarce.

This is my first 410. I was using 2 15" BagEnd cabs one with a horn in it. I wanted to try the 410 set-up just to get a more focused sound…so far so good.
  7. j67

j67

I finally got mine Monday (11/18). This thing is awesome! Such great punch and depth for a relatively small cabinet. It's perfect for me. We play showcases with multiple bands, so gear is on stage, then off. I wouldn't want to lug an 8x10 across town to play one set. I typically run direct from a Sansamp anyway, so it just serves as a stage monitor for me and my band mates. At half the size and price of an 8x10, it should be able to keep up. I'll find out at it's first practice tonight and it's first gig on Friday!
  8. j67

j67

The Rumble kicked butt for the first gig! It was double duty for me since I played in two bands that night. The venue was a third floor affair, so hauling this up three flights was much easier than the last time we played here and I had to haul my old Crate, 20 years ago. Haha. But the Rumble was awesome for the show. I might get something to elevate it next time out (thinking a Husky X-Workhorse). I couldn't hear it a couple times, but it was a bigger stage that the usual venues we play.
  9. BassCliff

BassCliff

Hi,

Great report! I have a couple of those Husky X-Workhorse tables. I also use them for PA speaker stands. They work well.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
  10. Ron G

Ron G

Which head are you using? I'm thinking about getting Fender's Rumble 150 head.
  11. rockscott

rockscott

I have the 150 head and the 410 cab, very happy with this set up!
  12. Linnin

Linnin

The Rumble 150 head is never a bad choice. Love the front end and great tone. I have the Rumble 350 head and love it. Power & headroom to spare.

Don't forget to join:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f15/fender-rumble-club-970397/

:cool::bassist::):hyper::hyper:
  13. Ron G

Ron G

Are you using 410 or the 2x8 and 1x12 combination?
  14. Linnin

Linnin

I am using a borrowed Trace Eliot 2x15 cab until I can afford two Fender Rumble 112 Neo cabs. I love their tone far better than any 15 that I've played. The Rumble 410 is a superbly designed & executed design. It's just too big & heavy for me to load/unload by myself. I am single and will turn 60 next month. No, I don't move/haul the TE 2x15 by myself either.
  15. j67

j67

I'm using my old GK 400RB head. Plenty good, but I am keeping my eyes peeled for something more. Maybe a high level GK head. I even toyed with the idea of buying a rack mount pre to go with a Crown XTi2000 I have. I use a Sansamp pedal (on loan from my guitar player) which I'd like to give back to him. I love it, but I've had for a couple years and I really don't want something to happen to it on my watch.
  16. Linnin

Linnin