Fender Rumble 410 - Just Making Sure

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Angel Switch, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Angel Switch

Angel Switch

So I was looking at all sorts of 410 cabs, because I need to upgrade as I play bigger shows. I spotted the Fender Rumble 410, which, at $299.99, appears to be a steal. I haven't been able to find many reviews on it, so I was wondering if you guys knew anything about it. (Before somebody says it, I strongly prefer not to get used gear. I've had issues with it and the Fender is within my budget.) I will/would be running a Squier Standard Jazz bass into an Ampeg PF-350 into the cab :) Thanks in advance!!!
  2. JellinWellen

JellinWellen

Should be a nice solid cab. If it were me personally I'd try to look used, you could end up saving 100$.
  3. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Kohlman Bassworks
    I've never played into one but I've heard they sound pretty good especially for the money. No speakon inputs though. I would modify the panel and add 1 if I owned that cab.
  4. VanillaThundah

VanillaThundah VERY enthusiastic walks... Supporting Member

Media:
    I've even been impressed by their 8" combo amp's tone, I can image with a good amp that the 4x10s would do quite well. Ampeg's stuff colors the tone quite a bit and sometimes they count on you using an Ampeg cab concerning certain amps. Listen to it and see what you think, could be a winning combo for you!

I'm also with you on used, most of the time I end up changing out as much as I can to new stuff when I buy used. Upgrading a cab isn't rocket science though, it's a very simple wiring job if things go south and they might end up sounding better in the long run! :bassist:
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. swamp_bass

swamp_bass I love it when a groove comes together Supporting Member

I was tempted by the Rumble 410's price as well when I was looking at cabs, but never found one I could demo. Not too far above that price your selections open up. The Hartke 410XL is $400 new, and I would have bought it if I hadn't gone the used route myself.

**** Edit: If you're buying only new, go ahead and order the Rumble from any one of many merchants with a free 30 day return policy. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain!
  7. msaone

msaone

I think mines great. Had it about a year and a half along with the rumble 350 head.
    Plenty of head room. I can easily be louder (and clean) than the loud drummer and loud half stack the guitar plays through

Does everything I ask it to.
  8. MoeGJBeener

MoeGJBeener Supporting Member

I got one through a trade and was beyond surprised! I've never used a Fender cab, but I swore this was a pro line cab and was shocked to spin it around and find it was a rumble.
  9. msaone

msaone

The only things the rumble lacks are plywood and 8 ohms.

I'd prefer both but not enough to justify the price jump.
  10. rydin4lifebass

rydin4lifebass

I have one and can't complain. I paired it with the 350w Rumble head and it's a nice pair. It has plenty of bottom end and was a huge upgrade from the Hartke combo I was using previously. I picked up the amp and cabinet from Musician's Friend one time they had 15% off and free shipping....couldn't argue with that.