1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Fender Rumble 410 - Just Making Sure

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Angel Switch, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Angel Switch

Angel Switch

So I was looking at all sorts of 410 cabs, because I need to upgrade as I play bigger shows. I spotted the Fender Rumble 410, which, at $299.99, appears to be a steal. I haven't been able to find many reviews on it, so I was wondering if you guys knew anything about it. (Before somebody says it, I strongly prefer not to get used gear. I've had issues with it and the Fender is within my budget.) I will/would be running a Squier Standard Jazz bass into an Ampeg PF-350 into the cab :) Thanks in advance!!!
  2. JellinWellen

JellinWellen

Should be a nice solid cab. If it were me personally I'd try to look used, you could end up saving 100$.
  3. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Kohlman Bassworks
    I've never played into one but I've heard they sound pretty good especially for the money. No speakon inputs though. I would modify the panel and add 1 if I owned that cab.
  4. VanillaThundah

VanillaThundah

I've even been impressed by their 8" combo amp's tone, I can image with a good amp that the 4x10s would do quite well. Ampeg's stuff colors the tone quite a bit and sometimes they count on you using an Ampeg cab concerning certain amps. Listen to it and see what you think, could be a winning combo for you!

I'm also with you on used, most of the time I end up changing out as much as I can to new stuff when I buy used. Upgrading a cab isn't rocket science though, it's a very simple wiring job if things go south and they might end up sounding better in the long run! :bassist:
  5. swamp_bass

swamp_bass I love it when a groove comes together Supporting Member

I was tempted by the Rumble 410's price as well when I was looking at cabs, but never found one I could demo. Not too far above that price your selections open up. The Hartke 410XL is $400 new, and I would have bought it if I hadn't gone the used route myself.

**** Edit: If you're buying only new, go ahead and order the Rumble from any one of many merchants with a free 30 day return policy. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain!
  6. msaone

msaone

I think mines great. Had it about a year and a half along with the rumble 350 head.
    Plenty of head room. I can easily be louder (and clean) than the loud drummer and loud half stack the guitar plays through

Does everything I ask it to.
  7. MoeGJBeener

MoeGJBeener Supporting Member

I got one through a trade and was beyond surprised! I've never used a Fender cab, but I swore this was a pro line cab and was shocked to spin it around and find it was a rumble.
  8. msaone

msaone

The only things the rumble lacks are plywood and 8 ohms.

I'd prefer both but not enough to justify the price jump.
  9. rydin4lifebass

rydin4lifebass

I have one and can't complain. I paired it with the 350w Rumble head and it's a nice pair. It has plenty of bottom end and was a huge upgrade from the Hartke combo I was using previously. I picked up the amp and cabinet from Musician's Friend one time they had 15% off and free shipping....couldn't argue with that.