1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Fender Rumble 4x10 cab with 800 watt head

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by russpurdy, Oct 20, 2013.

1. russpurdy

russpurdy

Hey guys, I need a new cab and I'm low on dough. Any thoughts on how the Fender Rumble 4x10 would deal with an 800 watt head with a bit of overdrive and a lowB?

I know its asking a lot but I have needs! Haha

2. IPYF

IPYF

Which head in particular?

If you don't push it you'd be fine. If it sounds like you're hurting the cab then odds are you are.

3. B-string

B-string Gold Supporting Member

If your "overdrive" sound a little different at some point, it will probably be the cab crying uncle. Watch or rather listen for that.

4. TheREALRandyMos

TheREALRandyMos

I know watts are watts and then again they aren't. I use a rumble 4x10 with my 500 watt gk and a low b. It will get pretty loud and not sound like it's about to come apart. Fender says that it will handle 1000 watts but the cab itself says 500 watts rms. For the money its a good cab but then again right now i see 2 gk 4x10s on my local cl. One is listed for 125 and the other is listed with a crate bass head for 200. With a little negotiating you could buy both cabs plus have a backup head or turn around and sell the cheap head for cheap and you would still be less than the price of a new rumble cab.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. russpurdy

russpurdy

Yorkville (now branded as traynor) bassmaster 800. Tube pre solid power section. 800 at 4 ohms 600 at 8 ohms

I appreciate the whole "check Craigslist" thing but I live in a smaller town surrounded by rural communities and we don't have much used stuff show up for decent prices. I have been keeping an eye out though.

7. IPYF

IPYF

600w at 8 with a tube pre? Heavens, that amp is a total hot-rod. If you do go for the Rumble 410 cab you need to be constantly aware that it wasn't designed to handle that kind of power. You'd probably be 'ok' if you're consistently sensible but in my opinion you'd be unnecessarily muzzling a brutal amp, simply to save a buck. Not ideal.

8. russpurdy

russpurdy

She is a pretty beastly amp. Traynor makes the same rig but rebranded. Switchable tube pre, built in compressor, blendable dry/dirty, tons of eq options, a wonderful amp.

9. bracchus

bracchus

Hey Russ. I have the Rumble 410 paired with a SWR Workingman Pro 700. I have pushed it and pulled it every which way and the cab has never faltered. For the money, the Rumble 410 is the best cabinet out there - especially since you can get a brand new one with full warranty for less than three hundred dollars. I get a lot of complements from a lot of seasoned professionals and I love it.