1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Fender Rumble - new 2014

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Tomems, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Tomems

Tomems

Looks like Guitar Center has discounted their Fender Rumble 30. On the Fender website it looks like they are retooling everything and putting out a new 25 watt version. I don't care about the 5 watts. Anyone know why/what they are doing? I need a practice amp for my new Fender nitro satin p-bass. If anyone has any other ideas about an affordable 25 watt amp, I am all ears. Thanks folks.

2. pudgychef

pudgychef

3. MilesOnline

MilesOnline

I use a fender rumble 100 for home practice. It's decent for practice but I wouldn't use it for anything else. I've seen them on craigslist for like 60 - 80 bucks.

4. pudgychef

pudgychef

the Rumble 100 is from the version two generations ago..imho the last generation (those currently being cleared out) were much nicer..the 150 and 350 combos as well as the 350 heads worked great when I have used them for rehearsals or gigs.

The new/about to be released version opt for a more vintage look and apparently be re-voiced..looking forward to hearing them

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. MilesOnline

MilesOnline

Aww no more gimicky "stage lights"?

7. pica

pica

I for one don't care for the new vintage looking amps. Those cream colored dials look like crap. Much prefer the last rumble amps and cabs.

8. Troph

Troph

Honestly, what the amp looks like really shouldn't be a primary factor if it sounds better. I suppose if it looks hideous to you, then it could be a deal breaker... but seriously, is amp fashion that important? :)

9. pudgychef

pudgychef

no..they ditched those around 2008
    :)

+1

10. pica

pica

I'm not going to spend money on a bass if I don't like how it looks. Should an amp be any different?