1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

fender rumble or peavey

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by its chris 96, Jan 11, 2014.

1. its chris 96

its chris 96

Hi I'm starting to do gigs and decided I needed to get a new amp. The gigs I'm doing have pa I can go through and originally I was considering the fender rumble 75 but have since been advised to get a peavey tko tour 110 and I've Also concidered a second hand peavey tmax 210, any opinions?
  2. drummer5359

drummer5359 Gold Supporting Member

They are okay. A new Rumble 75 runs about $250, so I'll figure that is your budget.

An Ampeg BA-115 can often be found for $200 to $250. Currently there are two on my local craigslist, one at each price. They are a better starting point in my opinion.
  3. its chris 96

its chris 96

In the UK there's about £100 difference in price. A few people are selling second hand for 150 but they're all to far for me to travel to. Thanks for the advice though :)
  4. Linnin

Linnin

As good as my Rumble 75 is, my recommendation is for the Rumble 150 combo as a minimum for jamming or gigging in a band with a drummer. :cool: When I play with a drummer, I use a Rumble 350. :D
  5. drummer5359

Okay, in that case I'd lean toward the Peavey. They are built like a truck. (Lorry.) lol

I had a Peavey TNT a couple of years ago and a guitarist that I work with has a TKO in his practice space. I had good experiences with both of them.
  6. its chris 96

its chris 96

Thanks linnin I was just thinking 75 because I'm currently jamming with a cheep 40 watt soundking (probably haven't heard of the brand) but I don't know much about amps as you can probably tell :) drummer5359 do you have any experience with the tmax or just tko? :)
  7. garp

garp

I’d have to agree with Linnin in that for those gigs or rehearsals where you don’t have PA support, the Rumble 75 may not give you enough “horsepower” to compete with an acoustic drum kit at moderate volume. If you can spend a little more now to get to at least 100 watts, your investment may pay off down the road.

The nice thing about all of the amps mentioned here is that they have line-out connections to feed a PA.
  8. drummer5359

I know that someplace that I practice (I'm in four bands, three of them as a drummer or percussionist...) there is a T-Max. I believe that it is an acoustic gig, so it doesn't have to contend with a full drum set, just an acoustic guitar amp and congas or cajons. More power is advisable if a drum set is involved as the others have suggested.
  9. its chris 96

its chris 96

Ah so maybe avoid t max aswell then, I thought bbecause it was 500 watt it might be able to contend :) maybe I should just order the tko
  10. Jaco who?

Jaco who?

The T-max HEAD is loud and will do 2Ω. The 2x10 combo version will be limited by being a 2x10, but physics are physics, it's still louder than a 1x10, and if you decide to get some cabs later, the head comes out.
  11. its chris 96

its chris 96

I believe it's the combo-http://m.gumtree.com/p/guitars/peavey-tmax-210-bass-amp-500-watts-combo/1043891804

:)
  12. Garden Variety

Garden Variety Supporting Member

Peavey either way. Better built, better customer service. If you can afford the Tmax 210, and are comfortable checking over used amps, definitely go that route. These will rock small rooms w/o any support just fine, and should cover any gig you need to do for some time.