Fender serial number search

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Juniorkimbrough, Dec 27, 2005.

1. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    I'm looking for a site that has a search for serial numbers. I hate to start this thread because I'm sure this has been asked before but I searched and couldn't find anything.

I just picked up a new MIJ Fender P-bass from Taylor's Guitar Shop in Memphis. A guy who owns a studio in Nashville brought it in on consignment, so I'm sure it's been played on a lot of records. It's a great sounding bass, not very heavy and the neck is incredible. I went out today looking for a sunburt P-bass and this was the first shop I went into and there it was staring me down. If "the funk is in the gunk", this thing def. has the funk. :p

So does anyone have a link where I can search to see what year this bass is?

Thanks so much!

2. jonly

jonly

watever zink says. :)

3. zink182

zink182

4. pyrohr

pyrohr

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    Thanks guys!

Looks like I've got somewhere between an '84-'87 P-bass. I paid a little over $600 for it, was that a good price? It's got pretty bad belt buckle rash on the back and I noticed a few dings here and there that had been touched up but other than that it's in good shape and man does this thing play like a dream.

I'll try and get some pics up tomorrow. I would really like to find out what studio it was used at, so if any of you guys from Nashville might know please fill me in.

7. MF_Maher

MF_Maher

I didn't find a useful link in the second site suggested. On this Fender site, the Mexi S/N dating stops in maybe 2005-2006.

I just bought a really nice MIM Deluxe Jazz today and the S/N begins with MZ8 and is followed by six numbers. I'm guessing then that this was made sometime in 2008-2009?

Thanks.

8. ianbannister

ianbannister