1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Fender strings before color ball ends?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by project_c, Dec 22, 2012.

1. project_c

project_c

I'm trying to figure out what strings my '11 USA Jazz Dlx came with. The current Fenders with the color ball ends are great but sound a little different - the strings on my bass (bought new) had brass ball ends, no silk, and they sounded nickel-ish, a bit like Slinky's. Does that sound like the standard old-style Fender default string? What year Fender introduce the colour balls? I thought they were already on basses by '11, but I could be wrong..
  2. parsons

parsons

My MIA Precison Special came with the same strings you're talking about. I think they're some type of the fender 7250 nickels