Fender TPB-1 with MB-1200

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Basstreble, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Basstreble

Basstreble

So I recently switched rigs. My old rig was way too complicated, not working too great, and sounds wasn't good. So I am in this new band and I got this bad boy for a great price. Had some minor technical problems at first, but it's all taken care of and I just love it. I'm going to be playing it this Saturday at rehearsal and if any of you are Interested, I'll do an overall review on it. Just thought I'd share! ImageUploadedByTalkBass.com1358488946.930494.jpg

2. Son of Bovril

Son of Bovril

I have used this rig for ages and in many different situations, just know that flat is 2-10-2 on the clean channel. It is a very clean tubey, fat vintage tone, have recorded a few albums in studio and it was the one the engineer chose after trying out a few different preamps

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

The PB-1 preamp is the best thing Fender has done for bass, ever. Well, re: amps anyway.

4. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

very nice rig ... bet it sounds killer !!
    :bassist:

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Son of Bovril

Son of Bovril

I use the pre with either the MB1200 or with a drivecore XLS 1500, either is great, the MB1200 really opens up into 2 ohms, while the pre is actually quite a bit bigger and heavier than the Crown :)

Very few people know about this pre, and in my country very few even know about using a pre/power rig. Hugely underated pre IMO :)