fender USA nitro p bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kenbert, Feb 12, 2014.

1. kenbert

kenbert

2. TN WOODMAN

TN WOODMAN

Just got my flyer today and I was wondering the same thing.
  3. Figjam

Figjam Supporting Member

I played one the other day and it was awesome.
  4. kenbert

kenbert

going to GC to play one, if I like it I will buy it!
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

7. Arizona Jones

Arizona Jones Supporting Member

8. pudgychef

pudgychef

So basically an MIA Special P-bass with MIM hardware and PU?

Looks great - nice value..

Or do Specials have the graphite rods as well?
  9. JellinWellen

JellinWellen

Specials have the graphite rods, the tuners are MIM style but work perfectly, the bridge is the worst part IMO but most of them are pretty good. My bridge slipped but not everyones does it seems. The PUps are the old Am standard type PUs from around 08 or so IIRC. I replaced the bridge and PUs on my old one and even before that it was a great bass.

These are fantastic basses, I actually applied a 100$ off coupon to the 699$ sale price and got it for even cheaper when I got mine. I recently sold the bass to fund my 4003.
  10. Lowbrow

Lowbrow Supporting Member

I played one at GC - thought it had potential given a good setup; I'd say go for it if you need a good Precision - the price is right!
  11. Tbone76

Tbone76

I love mine. It has nice, low action, a great feeling neck, and sounds awesome. It is basically an American Special series bass with a unique finish and without the greasebucket tone control. The neck does have graphite support rods in it. Buy it, you won't regret it!
  12. MattyH

MattyH

I have a friend that got one. I'm not a P bass guy by any means, but it was damn nice. For that price I'd say go for it.
  13. invalidprotocol

invalidprotocol Supporting Member

factory setups are ok. some have been too light with significant neck dive. they are very resonant and sound good.
  14. Bongolation

Bongolation

The Fender part # is identical to the one for the GC-only FSR honeyburst American Special.

I have no idea what pickups are in them, but I would be surprised if they weren't the usual 61276/7 set.

I hate that cheap finish, but otherwise I'm thinking these are otherwise straight American Specials.
  15. catgut

catgut

Am I the only one who thinks Fender needs to drastically simplify their line up? There are so many I just give up and end up buying nothing. They need a throwback lineup, a standard US pro line-up and Squire for beginner and cost conscious. That is it. At this point I only want vintage because I know it will be great. Otherwise I don't have the time to sift through all their crappy iterations and "specials".
  16. PotsdamBass8

PotsdamBass8 Supporting Member

I don't feel that way. I was drawn to the honey burst fsr when the other models didn't really appeal to me.

I think fender is doing fine monitoring whether or not they've spread their lineup too thin.
  17. JellinWellen

JellinWellen

Lol.
  18. TinyE

TinyE

It's funny how different tastes can be. I don't like P basses all that much but I Love the finish on this one!
  19. catgut

catgut

See what their line up has turned me into!
  20. Laurent

Laurent Supporting Member

Very nice Pbass I have played several. For $699 you're almost in Mexican Pbass price territory. At this price you can't go wrong. You have to like the neck to playing the instrument before buying is best.
  21. FuserAlma

FuserAlma

Seems like a great buy to me. I have a Mexican made P and I love the Maple neck/Aldar body combination. I recommend it.