1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Fenderbird bass ???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by punk100, Oct 7, 2010.

1. punk100

punk100

Hi , I want to buy a new bass for about 500 dollars . I saw a few custom fenderbirds on the internet and thought they were really cool, but I didn't see any big company making them and only custom ones,so I wonder where I can buy one from the internet ?
    I saw a few companies that sales only a thunderbird body without electronics but I have no idea how to build a bass so im looking for a bass that is already built

Thanks

2. DrPepper09

DrPepper09

buy a thunderbird, buy a Fender neck, combine? I doubt you can find one for c$500.

3. J_Sinster

J_Sinster

That's exactly it, also consider the "Thunderbacker" Thunderbird body with a Rickenbacker neck, if you go for a fenderbird, get a left handed neck and turn it upside down, awesome look if you can get one with a black fretboard :D

4. darthplagis

darthplagis

en epi T bird is pretty much a fender bird. as its just a T bird with a maple bolt on neck........ same as an epi T bird.

though i am in the same camp a john entwistle when it comes to T bird necks, i cant stand them. give me a P bass neck any day of the week.

epi T birds are ok really the pickups are not the best, and i had issues with the bridge on mine (it actually pulled the grommets out of the body due to string tension). but for the price they are great.

another option would be a squire jag bass, they have a different body style (jag obviously) and are actually quite nice.

if you want an off the shelf bass there is really not much but i would reccomend the status graphite B2, its waaaayyy over your $500 budget. but its one of the only stock bass fender-birds there is.

[​IMG]

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Spleenface92

Spleenface92

7. BigOldHarry

BigOldHarry

Yeah, $500 isn't going to you much of anything new... Used - who knows. But new?

8. doctorpunch

doctorpunch

I love that neck :hyper:

What do all them purdy controls do?

9. darthplagis

darthplagis

the one closest to the treble horn is master vol, the one beside pickups is blend and the 3 together are from front to back treble, middle sweep and bass. the two switches are (small one beside bridge) mid eq on/off and (beside jack) led on/off for the side LEDs

the neck on the B2 is amazing, so smooth and oooohhh :)

10. billiam5billion

billiam5billion

11. darthplagis

darthplagis

eeeewwww RW board on a fender bird, heresy!!!! :ninja:

but that epi is a nice one those white ones were a custom shop edition and a few guys on here really liked them if i remember right. i wouldnt hack one of those though, just keep it white.

12. billiam5billion

billiam5billion

That white T-bird in the ebay ad is actually spraypainted white

13. darthplagis

darthplagis

ah, my bad, then yeah gut it :) hahaha

14. TBird1958

TBird1958 As a matter of fact....I am your Queen!

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist Mike Lull T Bass pickups

Look here:
    http://www.bachmusik.com/en/bach-ft-1-or_p1550

Factory made "Fenderbird" under $500.00

If you want to order one I'd suggest going thru this dealer:

http://www.numberoneguitars.com/

He's a personal aquaintance and is much easier to deal with than going to BaCH directly, esp with regard to payment and shipping.
    And you can make one as well, here's an Epiphone body with an MM lefty Jazz neck that I built. If you leave the stock pups you're in well under $500.00.
    Have fun :)

[​IMG]

15. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member

Here's 3 fenderbirds that I built.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. woodsideh

woodsideh

:eek::eek:Now those are some sweet birds:eek::eek:

17. Emm9T

Emm9T

Ric5 man... /drool, natural+black never looked so good.

18. darthplagis

darthplagis

ooohhh that bach f bird looks and sounds nice. the first i have seen of these but damn i would love one.

19. Johnston

Johnston

I seen them B&CH guitars and got sent a link to another forum where they got something like 50 Non_reverse T-birds made.

Seem to be good stuff going to try and get a few myself to see.

20. TBird1958

TBird1958 As a matter of fact....I am your Queen!

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist Mike Lull T Bass pickups
    And here is one of my two BaCH Non-Reverse Thunderbirds, they're very nice basses for the $$$ and can be modified easily (better pots, jack, pups), again I'd suggest using numberone guitars to order, far easier than BaCH directly.

[​IMG]

21. punk100

punk100

Hi , thanks everyone . I think I will probably buy an epiphone thunderbird bass from ebay and a fender neck . I have an old squire bronco bass will it fit the thunderbird body ?

Thanks