Fender's latest golden period continues

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by drummer5359, Jan 6, 2013.

1. drummer5359

drummer5359 Gold Supporting Member

We've seen that Fender is releasing a couple of new colors this year, we don't know what colors will be discontinued yet. To me, no news is good new when it comes to major changes in the Fender Bass lines.

I lot of people (me included) seem to see the 2008 and newer American Fenders as some of the best, most consistant instruments they have made. Overall quality is high and the current necks, bridges, electronics, etc seem to be pretty well recieved. They won't make everyone happy, but most owners of the newer Fenders seem pleased.

No, there are no big (or small) innovations coming, but I'm good with that.

2. RaginRog

RaginRog Last guy you want to see is Employee Relations guy Supporting Member

Yeah, I agree. I've owned quite a few post 2007(late) American Standards and never had an issue. Great playing basses, however, I've been a little disappointed withe the lack of shielding on the American Deluxe models. The 2 that I owned were unbearably noisy, and the N3 pickups didn't thrill me either. My Select Jazz is a gem...still loving it.

3. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

Well, IMO the years '96-'06 seemed better quality then the new stuff. The new ones I've tried play OK but the sound wasnt as robust and the quality seemed a bit cheaper. The high mass bridge is not really an upgrade, just a way to make you think its going to be better. I have older fenders that have sustain for days with the tried a true bent plate bridge so I see no advantage in high mass bridges. Never saw the benefit of the bad ass bridges either for that matter, their just selling you metal. If Fender really wants to sell some good old made in america basses, than offer up a big selection of cool custom colors the way they use to and bass players will beat a path to their door.

4. David281189

David281189

100% agree with the above comments!
    the custom colors would be the greatest thing they could do!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. drummer5359

drummer5359 Gold Supporting Member

My original point of the thread is that although they have not come up with anything earthshakingly new, they have not tried to fix what isn't broken. I like that. I really like the current lineup and when I see how many others seem to like the 2008 and up Fenders, I'm glad to see that it looks like they will continue to be mostly the same for at least another year.

7. Nobody

Nobody

These Fender threads are getting pretty funny.
    Thanks.

8. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

I agree drummer I think the company has concentrated on quality control with very good results.

9. meatwad

meatwad

Yes, you cannot deny these last few years have been amongst the best Fender has ever known, if not the best.

10. VinKreepo

VinKreepo

Wow... and to think there is another thread bashing Fender 2013... you Fender people scare me. Go Ibanez!

11. Hilton Marsh

Hilton Marsh

Yes, go away Ibanez. I own one of your Destroyer basses and it is surprisingly good, which is not what I expected and thus it confuses me having to admit I own one. So go away Ibanez.

12. meatwad

meatwad

Not surprising, since most people tend to praise whatever it is they happen to own at the moment, and then in turn bash everything else.

13. petrus61

petrus61 Supporting Member

Fender customers know what they are getting and what to expect. Fender gets this and they deliver, plain and simple.