1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Fenders New CS Bass bridge= Awesome

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Rodslinger, Dec 26, 2013.

1. Rodslinger

Rodslinger Supporting Member

Fenders New Custom Shop Bass bridge, Come & get it.
  2. Grissle

Grissle Supporting Member

It would have been nicer if they had added a side to side locking feature akin to the G&Ls. Looks nice but in essence doesn't seem much different from the some of their latest higher mass products in function. The brass billet is very nice though and in looking forward to seeing what's next. That quick snippet of the Tele bridge looked cool too.
  3. Rodslinger

I dosn't need the G&L lock nut. There isn't any play at the ends of the saddles to require it.
  4. Grissle

Sorry, I was referring to their saddle locking system. And I don't believe their intention was to remove "rattling". I don't own any G&Ls just a bunch of great Fenders but I've heard some G&L demos and respect what they're doing.
  5. mmbongo

mmbongo Supporting Member

but..but..the 'bent tin' bridges sound awesome and can't be improved upon.
  6. Hopkins

Hopkins Supporting Member

I have replaced high mass bridges with Fender threaded saddle bridges. One mans improvement is another mans down grade.
  7. Grissle

Exactly. A lot of "Upgrades" are really just "Changes". They are only helping you to hopefully get closer to a sound you are aiming for. Sometimes they move you farther away from that goal.
    FWIW to me the most impactful changes you can make are with pickups and strings.
  8. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member

looks like a nice bridge, but i won't be trading my first-gen american standard bridge for it.

he says they're doing a 5-hole top-load version; that'll be a home run for folks with regular fenders who want hi-mass, because it goes right on and has adjustable string spacing, something that's almost bizarrely absent in aftermarket bridges.
  9. Rodslinger

All of the above are correct. It's nice & yes I might buy one. Fender has been using bent steel base plates with brass saddles for years. The new American series plates (not the badass copies) are brass all around. I always switch my bridge out for a Hipshot B style in brass because their awesome! I for one hear a great deal of difference between Brass, aluminum & steel. All brass or brass/steel mix for me.
  10. SactoBass

SactoBass There are some who call me.......Sactobass Supporting Member

I like the bridge. I also like the video production except for the ultra lame-azz "drrrrrrrrrr" background music that plays throughout the video.