Fernandes Inventory Blowout

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by invalidprotocol, Feb 16, 2014.

1. invalidprotocol

invalidprotocol Supporting Member

2. Epidrake

Epidrake

Some seriously good deals here. I have three Fernandes guitars and they are much better than they cost.

3. morrisonhendrix

morrisonhendrix Supporting Member

What's the best 5 string one there? I don't know much about the Fernandes line. I'd want something versatile if I were to get one. What's the normal street price, about $450?

4. blastoff99

blastoff99

I had a Tremor 5 and really liked it. It was a good bass, it set up well, and had a tone that I found quite versatile. It had J pickups - these current models are not that, obviously, so I can't speak to the tone.

Maybe more valuable to you would be the input my instructor gave me. He's an older guy who has been around a LOT of basses. On my first lesson, I took my 4 and my 5. He played my German Warwick a little, did a couple of setup things, was dissatisfied with the results, fiddled some more with various tools and a tuner, played a little more, shook his head, and said, "Send this one down the road." He picked up the Fernandes, and played it for the next half hour. (No, he didn't charge me for the 'lesson'!) "This," he said, "is a very happy bass."

I sold it only because it had one too many strings. It was my first (and only) foray into 5, and I just couldn't do it. I'm not sure where mine was made - probably China, as it didn't say anything on it.

For $200 + nominal shipping, I don't think you can go wrong.

Edited to add: Amazon currently has the Tremor 5X for $380.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. morrisonhendrix

morrisonhendrix Supporting Member

As usual, I don't need another bass, I just have gas for a great deal.