1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Fiio E06 headphone amp

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by maisbass, Apr 15, 2014.

1. maisbass

maisbass Supporting Member Supporting Member

Anyone ever try one of these with their setup?

http://www.fiio.com.cn/products/inde...nuID=105026001

Not sure if it would handle the input of a bass guitar or a preamp (don't know the input impedance of the Fiio), but really light and compact. Its the the size of an iPod shuffle. I read some good reviews on it when using it with a smartphone, iPod, etc. Obviously you would have to get a cable to interface as well since it's a 1/8th input connection.

Looks pretty cool if it would work. I figure someone here must have tried it once?

2. Silas Stingy

Silas Stingy

I've used the E07 for around 3 years, straight from monitor mix. Great bit of kit, very long battery life, neutral sounding, low distortion & high output. Never used the E06.

3. maisbass

Cool thx for the input.

4. Selta

Selta

Disclosures:
    Uncompensated endorsing user: EBMM
    I use Fiio products - the E07, and an X3 (wanting an X5 eventually). I also use a Schiit Asgard 2 (http://schiit.com/products/asgard-2), which I prefer over the E07, though obviously not as portable. Headphones range from Sony MDR-7506s to PSB M4U-1s and Beyerdynamic DT-770s.
    I've tried off and on with my basses (EBMM active basses) and had marginal - at best - results with the Schiit. I never tried with the Fiio. I think it'd work better with active than passive basses.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. maisbass

Thanks for the info. They have a lot of great stuff!

I was really looking for something compact, so at 30 bucks, I think I'll give the E06 a shot.