Fill out my muso related College Survey, Please!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by boglej2, Apr 14, 2014.

1. boglej2

boglej2

2. f.c.geil

f.c.geil I'm your huckleberry... Supporting Member

Media:
    Very cool. I'm on it, good luck with your studies. So many foods are detrimental to our performance (especially singers), but we tend to eat junk food before a gig. Until, that is, you get to the top-tier National acts, they seem to have at least a reasonable idea of proper nutrition to help their show. I'm a retired chef, and used to work at a venue that hosted major act (KISS, Reba, Metallica, Rush, etc.) concerts at least twice a month, so I saw (and prepared) exactly what the pros eat, and am now a working sound man and musician, so I see what club level musicians eat, too.

3. bass12

bass12 Fueled by chocolate Supporting Member

Completed. If there had been a C option (eat at the venue) for the question regarding where I eat I might have chosen that. A lot of my gigs are corporate or wedding gigs where the band is fed at the venue. Good subject though, and one I've only just begun to think about seriously (after fifteen years of gigging).

4. boglej2

boglej2

Thanks for taking the time to fill this out, it could be really interesting to hear more about your experiences working for the different level acts in the past and their dietary requirements!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. delta7fred

delta7fred

Completed.

The eating question had me. Playing in a small time band I schlep gear and rarely let my car out of sight.

7. f.c.geil

f.c.geil I'm your huckleberry... Supporting Member

Media:
    It is. Some of them are really silly in what they have in their riders, and none of them (even Meat Loaf) eat half of what they insist we provide. Many are demanding prima donnas, others are humble, kind, and considerate (often both in the same band).