SOLD Final Thread - Massive FS sell-off - Fender, Fodera, Les Paul...

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by sleeplessknight, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sleeplessknight

sleeplessknight Supporting Member

Final thread. Mom passed recently, so 'continuing treatment' is no longer a concern. Still have to pay off the current bills for services rendered, but I have no problem doing a payment plan for those. This is the last time these instruments will be for-sale for (hopefully) awhile, I'll keep bumping the thread until January at which point everything's off the market.

This is pretty much every instrument I own. Every price is 'including shipping' to the CONUS, please no international shipping. Everything is 'Or best offer', but please no low-balling.

Payment: I will accept any and all forms of payment for this - Paypal, Bitcoin, Dwolla, personal check (if you have high feedback), money order, etc. - given the circumstances. However, I would GREATLY PREFER a non-Paypal method if at all possible.

More pictures of everything can be found on Picasa. Apologies in advance for the disorganized nature of it. I've tried to predict all of the most-common questions in terms of weight, instrument specs, etc, but if I've left anything out or if you'd like more information, don't hesitate to ask.

Every instrument is in perfect working order, with no issues. While I've got quite a few instruments, I try to gig out on every one of them semi-regularly. Every guitar/bass has been set up by Boston luthier extraordinaire Jim Mouradian within the last year, and most within the last 4-6 months. All work done (brass nut added, flush-mount straplocks installed, etc) has been done by Jim as well. Buying from me, you will receive a gig-ready instrument (barring personal setup preferences, of course), no-BS, period, guaranteed. All electronics are in excellent working order. When selling, I always strive for 'no surprises', and my feedback shows I haven't done too shabbily in that department :)

The Basses
    [​IMG]
    Lakland Skyline Hollowbody - [DEL]$1199[/DEL] [DEL]$1099[/DEL] SOLD!!1
    1.625" ('modern P') nut
    9.6 lbs, ships in OHSC
    No serial (that I can find anyway. Chi-sonic pickups means it's probably 2009 or later)
    Description: This is my SECOND Lakland hollowbody, and I still kick myself for selling the last one. Beautiful, natural-sounding bass, especially with the chi-sonic pickups. Currently strung BEAD with LaBella flats for that deep thud.

[​IMG]
    1969 Fender Jazz - [DEL]$5500[/DEL] [DEL]$4500[/DEL] $3100 shipped
    1.5" nut, flushmount straplocks
    8.2 lbs, ships in beat-up Fodera case
    This bass was my retirement plan. I got this from Jonno1707 back in 2008, and it's everything I wanted in a vintage J and more. It has 'the tone', it has 'the feel', and because it also has 'the modifications' (hey, it's a player), you're gonna pay a lot less than a 'mint condish' axe that probably wasn't all that hot to begin with. This axe is all-original EXCEPT for the pickups (Basslines; according to Jonno he bought it from 'some dude' and the original pickups disintegrated a few years later) and the pots. My understanding is that Jonno also had it routed for a 9V battery at one time by Vinnie Fodera (yes, that Vinnie Fodera) right under the pickguard. A lot of folks have been asking for 'under the pickguard' pics. I've created a new Picasa album just for those here.

[​IMG]
    2008 Fodera Emperor Deluxe - [DEL]$8499[/DEL] $7299 shipped
    1.85" nut, walnut body, maple top, Brazilian rosewood fingerboard
    10.4 lbs, 35" scale, flushmount straplocks, OHSC, 19mm spacing on the bridge
    Serial: E5287XX
    Description: Of all the instruments I'm selling, this one... THIS ONE hurts the most. If you've ever played a Fodera, you know why. Very good condition, UN-FLIPPIN'-REAL quilted maple, stupid-fast neck. I will regret letting this one go until they chuck me in the dirt. Can't accept PayPal on this one, the fees would kill me. Dwolla/Bitcoin/cashiers-check only, unfortunately.

[​IMG]
    Greco 'Hofner Clone' - [DEL]$649[/DEL] [DEL]$499[/DEL] $349 shipped
    1.475" nut
    7.1 lbs, OHSC, 30.5" scale
    Serial: J7776XX
    Description: Very pleasant, easy-to-play Hofner clone that I picked up here on TB. Currently strung with LaBella flats, and does 'the Hofner thing' exceptionally well. Lots of thud and thump from this short-scale sleeper!

The Guitars
    [​IMG]
    Sejung '335 clone' - [DEL]$599[/DEL] [DEL]$499[/DEL] $329 shipped
    1.7" nut, Dunlop standard straplocks
    8.4 lbs
    Serial: 'ssh 5F/BLSS' (could be the model # too)
    Description: Fun little 335 clone I picked up in a moment of weakness. Gorgeous flame-maple top and back, GREAT construction (especially considering its origins in a no-name Chinese factory). I have to admit, while I dig how this axe plays and sounds unplugged, I'm not overly impressed with the humbucker pickups that came stock with this one. I was originally going to drop some Duncans in, but never got around to it. Ships in a gig bag.

[​IMG]
    LTD EC-1000 - [DEL]$799[/DEL] [DEL]$699[/DEL] $449 shipped
    1.6" compensated nut, flushmount straplocks, HSC
    Serial: W091207XX
    7.4 lbs, 24.5" scale
    Description: Probably my favorite Les Paul clone - all the tone and attitude of a Les Paul Goldtop, but half the weight! Skinny body, skinny neck (puts Ibanez to shame), and Seymour Duncan humbucking pickups make this a joy to play, especially on those 4+ hour bar gigs

[​IMG]
    1995 Les Paul Studio - [DEL]$899[/DEL] [DEL]$799[/DEL] $699 shipped
    1.6" nut, flushmount straplocks, HSC
    Serial: 916554XX
    9.3lbs, 24.5" scale
    Description: This axe and I go WAYYY back. I'm talking "still in school, subsisting on Ramen, making rent on a gig and a prayer" back. I've taken her all over the country with me, and in return she's given me over a decade of joy. We've been through good times, bad times, good women, bad women, road trips both pleasant and frightening, you name it. Has a non-trivial amount of good, honest 'rock n roll mothaf*kka' wear along the lower edge (see pictures), but nothing egregious. Every scrape has a story, that's for sure :) Still plays and sounds a treat though!

[​IMG]
    2005 Gibson Blueshawk - [DEL]$1049[/DEL] [DEL]$949[/DEL] $799 shipped
    1.65" nut, flush-mount straplocks, HSC, recently set up by Jim Mouradian
    7.5 lbs, 25.5" scale
    Serial: 0244504XX
    Description: Saw this up on the wall at Guitar Center, looking all awesome amid the more standard Mexican Fenders or Epiphone LPs, and took a chance on it. As it turns out, it's an EXTREMELY fun guitar to play with! Setting the varitone to 'bypass' gives me a most-capable blues or rock axe, and with the varitone engaged I can have a lot of fun playing in my funk or 60s-stoner-rock bands just messing around with the various settings. I also dig the 'V' neck shape - it's hard to explain, but if you've got 'standard' or smaller size hands I'll bet you'd dig it too.

The Random Stuff
    [​IMG]
    Nord Electro 2 61-key keyboard - [DEL]$989[/DEL] [DEL]$899[/DEL] SOLD!!!!
    17.4 lbs, comes with soft case
    Serial: EA52XX
    Description: picked this up many moons ago for the INCREDIBLE organ sounds, and was not disappointed. While I'm no Jimmy Smith, I could at least pretend in the privacy of my own practice room! :)

2. Rob S

Rob S

Life has a relentless way of reminding us of what's most important. I'm sorry about your loss.

Warmest condolences.
    Rob

3. justjake

justjake

my deepest condolences with the loss of your dear mother.
    may 2014 bring you some peace

4. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Very sorry to hear about your mother. I can't even imagine what that is like and you have my sympathy. I am eyeing up that Lakland. Looks like a beauty but I'm leaning toward getting one with splittable (coil tap) Bartolinis.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. sleeplessknight

Thanks for your condolences, guys.

bump.

7. bassman blue

bassman blue Supporting Member

Sorry about your loss. I've passed the guitar stuff onto the guitar players in our band... bumparoo...

8. hotbass57

hotbass57

Very sorry about you Mom, prayers to you and your family.

9. dukeplaysbass

dukeplaysbass Supporting Member

Very sorry about your loss. My condolences...

10. thebrian

thebrian The Brian abides. Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Well.. this one time.. at band camp..
    I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom. I hope you and your family still have a Merry Christmas and I hope 2014 brings you much peace and happiness.

11. 57pbass

57pbass Supporting Member

My condolences to you and your family.

My Mom is 92 and I cherish every minute I get to spend with her.

I hope 2014 is a better year for you.

12. sleeplessknight

13. Dan Knowlton

Dan Knowlton Supporting Member

I am so sorry for your loss.

Dan K.

14. OldSchool50

OldSchool50 OldSchool50 Supporting Member

Also very sorry for your loss. A very tough time of year.

15. sleeplessknight

I feel kind of silly saying it over and over again, but it feels awkward not acknowledging somehow: thanks all, for your condolences.

weekend bump

16. basses55

basses55 Gold Supporting Member

My condolences also, and I know you appreciate the thoughts.

Can I ask what the fretboard is on the Fodera, and if you know what year it was "born"?

17. sleeplessknight

She's a 2008, with a Brazilian rosewood fingerboard.

18. headband

headband Supporting Member

Condolences for your loss. My mom left us way too young, I would do anything to see her one more time.

I have some interest in the '69 jazz. I don't see any additional photos at your link. I particularly would like to the under the pickguard. Thx

19. sleeplessknight

all PM's replied, and additional info in the OP. Bump!

20. sleeplessknight

21. ittakes6

ittakes6

My prayers for you in the loss of your mother. GLWS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.