1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Finally achieved my dream recording tone

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by thedudebrah, Jan 8, 2014.

1. thedudebrah

thedudebrah Supporting Member

I quit this band before the album was finished due to some disagreements, but I just got around to going back and listening to the finished product. Hearing my recorded tone actually makes me miss playing with these guys. Used my roadworn P with SIT Stainless rounds, direct into the board, and since my scratch tracks were dead on first take, we re-amped them through my PF-500 and an old mic'd 810. Ideally I would have liked to use my SVT, but it was way too loud for this guys small studio. I feel like the PF and the board blend copped the tone really well. Glad my name is on that piece of playing. My favorite track is number 3. Stand My Ground.

http://avenuekings.bandcamp.com

2. sundaytrucker

sundaytrucker

Great tone dude, fat and warm with a nice subdued growl that doesn't get annoying. Tasteful playing as well. Just scored a Road Worn P last month and definitely love it.