1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Finally got my Hofner.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Harper, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Harper

Harper

After 20 years of wanting I finally scored a Hofner!

I ended up going with a Contemporary, ordered from North Coast. I went with the teacups, Hofner Strap, and Beatle Bass LaBellas and couldn't possibly be happier. It's a VERY nice bass for the cash; I've played the Icon, and while I realize that tastes vary I don't even think they are in the same ball park as this.

I'll post pics when I get the chance.
  2. funkytoe

funkytoe Supporting Member

North Coast Music does a very nice set up on the Hofners they sell. I suspect that it is the set up that contributes greatly to your preference of the CT over the Icon/ignition. In my experience, they are very close in playability and tone. The CT does look better in my opinion.

Congrats on a great bass.
  3. Matt R.

Matt R. Supporting Member

Love those LaBellas. I've had a set on my German lefty Club since I got it. They feel and sound great.:bassist:
  4. philtoler

philtoler

I have a CT with LaBella flats. For me the main thing which gives it the edge over other Beatle Basses is the solid core - the extra sustain makes it so much more versatile without affecting that lovely woody tone too much.
  5. Harper

Harper

You may be right about the North Coast set up making the difference; they are aces in my book.
  6. mjac28

mjac28 50th Anniversary Ed Sullivan February 9, 1964 Gold Supporting Member

Congrats I love my CT I had the Labella Flats on it then went with some Pyramid flats love both.
  7. Biggbass

Biggbass

Welcome to the 500/1 CT club!
  8. 4-string

4-string Supporting Member

Love my Icon with the LaBella Beatle flats, way more than I ever thought I would.

Enjoy! :)
  9. Rob Martinez

Rob Martinez

My Hofner Icon is just perfect with the LaBella flats! Congrats on your purchase!