1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

*** Finally I have the rare and elusive Schumann Electronics Lion***

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by SirMjac28, Dec 15, 2012.

1. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

After years of looking and waiting I finally have a Schumann Electronics Lion distortion pedal a quirky pedal from an even quirkier pedal builder these were discontinued years ago and rumors of the company restarting production have been just rumors but somehow there still is a website for Schumann Electronics?.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Video:

2. Mingus Addict

Mingus Addict

hmm, that one looks different from other's I've seen...

worth it?

3. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Mingus I just bought it should be here next week and you are right some of the ones I've seen are much shorter it's a pedal I have really wanted for some time now.

4. father of fires

father of fires Supporting Member

Interesting.

Paging Mr. Grrryyyygrrrixxxg.

You'll have to forgive my spelling.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. SirMjac28

I know who you mean and he is the resident expert on Schumann Electronics pedals

7. grygrx

grygrx Lookout! Here comes the Fuzz!

Media:
    Mr. Schumann is was nothing if not inconsistant. I assume this was the one thats been floating around ebay recently?

8. Laurent

Laurent Supporting Member

+1 Where did you find this rare, elusive pedal?

Congratulations on your find.
    would love to read your audition comments.

9. SirMjac28

On eBay gulp

10. SirMjac28

Yes sir is mine a lemon?

11. SirMjac28

Sounds like I've been chasing unicorns :)

12. DeltaPhoenix

DeltaPhoenix Supporting Member

From what I know of Schumann, I think I would rather spend my money on newer stuff that is built upon/improvements of his work.

I hope you dig your Lion though!

13. grygrx

grygrx Lookout! Here comes the Fuzz!

Media:
    No, I don't think so. I say 'floating around ebay', because I have an standing search for things like this and had seen it listed, and re-listed. I think the Lion is a solid dirt pedal, that only really suffers from the fact it needs a special power supply. If that isn't an obstacle, and you like the sound in the demos... you got a good deal!

14. SirMjac28

I just love his story and his pedals were killer.I love these quirky pedals from builders like him. I have a Frantone Thunderhead Bass Booster that I bought from Laurent that is just insane.

15. SirMjac28

And you sir are the reason my obsession started for one of his pedals I must have read every one of your posts a hundred times and then that character Slade got in the picture and got some people's hopes up. I just felt sorry for the people that sent pedals in for repair and never got them back. I have wanted one of these way before I joined Talk Bass but I wasn't going to pay a stupid amount for one.

16. MSUsousaphone

MSUsousaphone

Disclosures:
    Endorsed Artist: Myco Pedals
    Sub'd. Can't wait to hear your thoughts......though I hope they don't make me want TOOOOO much. :bag:

17. SirMjac28

I'll probably get my heart broken after all these years it never turns out nice :)

18. SirMjac28

I feel like the guy who just won a mint condition 78' AMC Pacer :)

19. SirMjac28

I have the pedal and I found a place for it in my chain thanks to the ingenious design of having the in and out jacks on opposite sides I had to get creative. The pedal is not what I thought it would be to me it's more of a dirty boost than distortion pedal unless by distortion they mean it can drive any amp into submission and make the sound distorted?this thing has a ton of volume and gain on tap and I won't even touch the boost button all of the controls are interactive so it took some getting used to but I found a setting I like. The pedal really sounds good with my tone hammer and rusty box it gives the sound a nice full texture and I just bought another B3K so that should really sound good overall I'm very pleased with the pedal and I'm glad I finally got one.

[​IMG]

20. Laurent

Laurent Supporting Member

Wow, that a serious pedal board.
    Do you have a permit for this thing?

Nice to see my old Thunderhead being used.

21. SirMjac28

Thanks I had the stand and pedal board built recently I'm missing two pedals that should be here soon and then I can take pictures of the full board I will finally be done finally.