Finally ordered the Markbass New York 151

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by TeamTrejo, Dec 29, 2010.

1. TeamTrejo

TeamTrejo

I currently use a Markbass Jeff Berlin combo for most gigs. Been looking into getting the NY151 as an extension cab. Lots of good reports on this rig. I usually only buy used stuff but the NY151 almost never comes up for sale, used. Searched all of craigslist and Talkbass daily with nothing.

Along comes Guitar Center and last night they sent an e-mail about a $100 off coupon. Checked the site and they have a 151 marked down to $615 from $699. So with my coupon it's $515 and free shipping. Still outrageous but doable. Now it's on the way. Can't wait to try this rig out.

Anyone else taking advantage of the $100 GC coupon?
  2. Mike Shevlin

Mike Shevlin

Got some of the first American fingerprints on that cab last year at NAMM and the thing is spectacular!
  3. Mike Shevlin

Mike Shevlin

Please post a review when you get it so that I'm not the only one singing it's praises~
  4. TeamTrejo

TeamTrejo

Arrived today. Mint condtion. Fits so nicly under the Jeff Berlin and brings it up to a good height to put my beer.

I think I've created a monster.
    [​IMG]

Sounds great in the basement but I won't know for sure until my next gig.
  5. GAT

GAT

Reviving this thread.

I just bought a Berlin combo and will be ordering the NY 151 cab like yours. How do you like the two after a few months?
  6. Gougedeye

Gougedeye Supporting Member

I tried this set up out the other day and it killed! I liked everything about this set up. I would highly recommend!
  7. GAT

GAT

Thanks! I have an Fender (SWR) head and an SWR 4x10 that I leave in my studio and let our bassist use.

But, I bought the Berlin combo for when I play in church and when I plugged it into the 4x10 it sounded GREAT. Now I want to sell the SWR rig and just get the NY 151 cab for the studio and just have the combo. That way I cut down on gear and still have a rig that can handle church to bigger gigs.
  8. ThisisCraigP

ThisisCraigP

I have a ny151 and love it. Light and loud lol. I got mine for $350.