Finding a vocalist - Craigslist alternatives?

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by eow, Apr 9, 2014.

1. eow

eow

So we are looking for a new male vocalist for our tribute band.
    We've looked at Craigslist, Bandmix even talked to some Karaoke DJs.
    What are some other resources that you can think of to try and find a good front man? :help:
  2. Jim Campbell

Jim Campbell

get out to the venues, see other bands and network...how many bands have auditioned a talented guy that just didn't suit their band,but "i still have his number if you want".....guitar stores often have notice boards,and you can find out who is worth a call often by just talking to employees or other players.....
  3. sharkbait130

sharkbait130

Blues jams and open mic's if there are any in your area. My luck with karaoke singers has been horrible. Haven't found one yet that can remember a lyric without the words pasted in front of them.
  4. sleeplessknight

sleeplessknight Supporting Member

Find voice teachers or voice schools in your area. Put up flyers there or talk to the instructor for student recommendations
    skwee likes this.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. obimark

obimark

Waffle House- definetly Waffle House.
  7. MrDOS

MrDOS Gold Supporting Member

Do you have a FB page for the band? We have hundreds of followers, and we get great response on stuff like this.
  8. bass81800

bass81800

Yes, go out to venues, even jam sessions. Considering the level of discontent with band situations here and the way band situations change, I would not be surprised if a vocalist in a gigging band might be fed up with something in his existing band, and may be willing to make a switch to your band.