Finding An Instructor

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by bluescorpion, Dec 19, 2013.

1. bluescorpion

bluescorpion

Hi All

I've been trying to find a good bass guitar instructor but I'm having a hard time. I live in North Carolina. Does anybody know where to find a good instructor, OR, is there an alternative way to learn to play bass guitar. I tried using different books, but I still need to have someone show me the things that I may be doing wrong.

Thanks for any input guys.... :help:
  2. alfoders

alfoders

If you have a camera and a Skype account, you can take lessons online from many instructors.
  3. bluescorpion

bluescorpion

I've heard about this. But, how good are these online training classes? Can you really interact with the instructors enough to really get a good foundation?
  4. tbear1776

tbear1776

Knowing where in NC you live would help.
  5. mdr0430

mdr0430 Supporting Member

I lived in Raleigh, NC for a while and found the Raleigh Music Academy to brush up on some theory. It has a great roster teachers and each month they combine students to play together to gain that experience, as well. Highly recommended.
  6. ChessTiger

ChessTiger

If you live in or near Winston-Salem you can go to the B String...that is where I take my lessons.
  7. bluescorpion

bluescorpion

I work in Winston so I'll go by B string and see what they have to offer. Thanks guys. :D
  8. the_stone

the_stone

If there's a college or university near you with a music program, see if they have a bass instructor on the faculty. Contact this person and ask if they take on students from outside the school. Even if they don't, they could probably recommend someone who could.

Online lessons can be great, but all other things being equal there's no substitute for one-on-one interaction with a teacher.
  9. davidhilton

davidhilton Supporting Member

Hey man,
    I live in LA but I have a lot of Skype students all over the country.
    Here's my website: www.basslessonslosangeles.com
    Lemme know if ur interested. -david
    https://soundcloud.com/davidhiltonmusic
  10. enricogaletta

enricogaletta

Hey there,
    Skype Lessons are good too, especially if you find the instructor that does match your needs. I have several Skype/iChat/Messages students from different geographic areas and all of them are pretty happy with this new kind of lessons.
    If you wanna more info and talk about it just let me know. Below all my informations.
    Merry Christmas!

www.enricogaletta.com
    on youtube
    on twitter
    study with me
  11. lyla1953

lyla1953 Supporting Member

++1