1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Finding pedals with clean blends or just use a Boss LS-2

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by russpurdy, Jan 25, 2014.

1. russpurdy

russpurdy Supporting Member

I think I've answered my own question already but I'm going between trying to get most of my bass specific pedals with clean blends and just getting a Boss LS-2 and being done with it. Any downside to using a Boss Line Selector as opposed to finding a pedal with clean blend control?

For example, a big muff with a clean blend vs a regular muff with a Line Selector?
  2. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS * Supporting Member

Obviously you'll have more options using a separate blender pedal.

It may not sound the same though; some pedals' clean signal isn't just the dry bass signal, and you may also run into phase issues with separate blenders.
  3. adi77

adi77

can u explain what to do about the phase issue if i have more than one pedal with blend?.. ( i have the darkglass VMT, a TREX Moller and the sansamp DI)
  4. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

Some pedals flip (best case) or return signal that is out of phase with the original signal. Say you and I bounce tennis balls off a wall. If we throw and bounce together we are in phase, but if I bounce while you throw we are out of phase.

When such a pedal is doing its own thing this doesn't matter, but when you blend the output back with the original clean you get mud.

I use a crossover and blender to process only highs and leave the lows altogether. Sounds massive.