Finding pedals with clean blends or just use a Boss LS-2

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by russpurdy, Jan 25, 2014.

1. russpurdy

russpurdy Supporting Member

I think I've answered my own question already but I'm going between trying to get most of my bass specific pedals with clean blends and just getting a Boss LS-2 and being done with it. Any downside to using a Boss Line Selector as opposed to finding a pedal with clean blend control?

For example, a big muff with a clean blend vs a regular muff with a Line Selector?
  2. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS * Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Obviously you'll have more options using a separate blender pedal.

It may not sound the same though; some pedals' clean signal isn't just the dry bass signal, and you may also run into phase issues with separate blenders.
  3. adi77

adi77 Banned

can u explain what to do about the phase issue if i have more than one pedal with blend?.. ( i have the darkglass VMT, a TREX Moller and the sansamp DI)
  4. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

Some pedals flip (best case) or return signal that is out of phase with the original signal. Say you and I bounce tennis balls off a wall. If we throw and bounce together we are in phase, but if I bounce while you throw we are out of phase.

When such a pedal is doing its own thing this doesn't matter, but when you blend the output back with the original clean you get mud.

I use a crossover and blender to process only highs and leave the lows altogether. Sounds massive.
  5. Register to disable this ad