1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Fine Things

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by IGotGas, Dec 11, 2013.

1. IGotGas

IGotGas Cajun Rocker Gold Supporting Member

I'm always interested in things that are (1) Best Quality and (2) Unique. Items that are class leading, beautiful and/or brutally functional.

Further, I'm pondering the ultimate man store. A single location that either stocks the best of the best, or at least a point of order for bespoke goods. So, I want to hear your opinions about Boutique builders.

(I don't want to waste much time on the definition of what a boutique builder is. We've covered/argued that Ad Nauseam. So, NOT Fender. But Fender Custom Shop, yes!)

So, tell me, who is your favorite:

1. Boutique Bass Builder?
    2. Boutique Guitar Builder?

As an aside (Bonus Points?), tell me about a builder or creator of OTHER things that you might have great interest in? That special Amp builder? A custom gun maker? A bespoke clothier? A custom car tuner? Maybe a specialty electronics builder? What's your favorite scotch?

As for me?

1. Bass: truly a toss up between Alembic and Status.

2. Guitar: far and away Red Rocket! Wow!

OTHER
    Cars: Nemesis Industries for JEEP mods and RUF as a perfecter of Porsches.

Guns: Clark Custom Guns & LWRC

Clothing: Filson (Rugged outdoor wear), Thom James (bespoke suits)

Liquor: The MacAllen

Knives: Grayman