1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

finger pain in the middle of the finger

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by The Risky, Apr 3, 2014.

1. The Risky

The Risky

Hi everybody

Recenty somesort develepoed this finger pain

I started to do this rehersal session where i practice 4 hours straight with pauses obv.
    But this sharp pain has started to develop in the middle of the finger where the bones joint.i had this same problem a few years ago,back then the pain got so bad that i couldnt pick with my middle finger.its this sharp pain what comes up when i pick or put my hands to a fist

So questions.why does this happen, what is it and how can i make it better

With love,
    Ken

2. MalcolmAmos

MalcolmAmos Supporting Member

Your fingers are doing things they have not done before back off a little and let them get used to the drill.

Four hours is perhaps too much. With music no pain no gain in not the way to go. If there is pain stop for awhile.

Why is your hand doing this, with out seeing what you are doing I have no idea of why.

3. fearceol

fearceol

Plus 1, to Malcolm's advice above. It could also be that you are "digging in" too much. If so, try playing with a lighter touch and hire up the amp volume instead.

As Malcolm said, DONT play through the pain. Rest up for a day or two till it goes. Then play for shorter periods of time.

If the pain does not go away in a day or so, it would be prudent to seek medical advice.

4. StevieMac

StevieMac

You might try using some really light gauge strings if you aren't already.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. rtslinger

rtslinger

I would agree with heavy gauge strings can place pressure on your joints I had this in the past I went to a little gauge and it did the trick I practice 3 hours straight before a show and have no finger pain ever good luck