1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

First Amp

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by NiShrubberyMan, Nov 17, 2012.

1. NiShrubberyMan

NiShrubberyMan

I am getting a Music Man Sterling S.U.B. 4 for my first bass but I don't know what to get as my first amp. I have been looking at the Orange micro terror MT20 20W head (I especially like the Orange) and the Ampeg BA 108 (not together).

My budget is $150. Thanks!

2. elshunko

elshunko

Any number of amps would be fine I suppose. My advice I find something used. You'll get more for you money and you won't have that depreciation effect. Start with the threads here. Good luck.

3. MrCool84

MrCool84 Supporting Member

well the orange is a guitar (not bass) amp so the ampeg is lookin right. dont have experience with this model but for 100 bucks it looks like a good deal for a at home/bedroom beginners amp. much better then my first amp:)

4. NiShrubberyMan

NiShrubberyMan

I saw hybrid and thought that meant both Guitar and bass. I guess I looked wrong. I heard that the Ampeg is an annoying buzzer.Any experience with that?

Also anything about the Acoustic B15? I can't find reviews any where.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. MrCool84

hybrid means tube preamp with a solid state power section. i could see where u got confused tho. i just read the review for the b15 in this months Bass Player Magazine it looks solid all around but in the review mentions it might be confusing for a newbie because of the only the six band rotary equalizer. (no simple bass, mid and treble controls). see if that review is online

7. MrCool84

shoot sorry edit....it was the b200 MKII i read the review on. sorry there op.

8. oleskool

oleskool

9. NiShrubberyMan

NiShrubberyMan

No problem. I think I am gonna go with the B15. In the one review I found there was nothing negative and I might be able to help others out.

10. NiShrubberyMan

NiShrubberyMan

11. oleskool

oleskool