1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. We are currently evaluating the "One Post Per Classified Ad" policy. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

First Amp

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by NiShrubberyMan, Nov 17, 2012.

1. NiShrubberyMan

NiShrubberyMan

I am getting a Music Man Sterling S.U.B. 4 for my first bass but I don't know what to get as my first amp. I have been looking at the Orange micro terror MT20 20W head (I especially like the Orange) and the Ampeg BA 108 (not together).

My budget is $150. Thanks!
  2. elshunko

elshunko

Any number of amps would be fine I suppose. My advice I find something used. You'll get more for you money and you won't have that depreciation effect. Start with the threads here. Good luck.
  3. MrCool84

MrCool84 Supporting Member

well the orange is a guitar (not bass) amp so the ampeg is lookin right. dont have experience with this model but for 100 bucks it looks like a good deal for a at home/bedroom beginners amp. much better then my first amp:)
  4. NiShrubberyMan

NiShrubberyMan

I saw hybrid and thought that meant both Guitar and bass. I guess I looked wrong. I heard that the Ampeg is an annoying buzzer.Any experience with that?

Also anything about the Acoustic B15? I can't find reviews any where.
  5. MrCool84

hybrid means tube preamp with a solid state power section. i could see where u got confused tho. i just read the review for the b15 in this months Bass Player Magazine it looks solid all around but in the review mentions it might be confusing for a newbie because of the only the six band rotary equalizer. (no simple bass, mid and treble controls). see if that review is online
  6. MrCool84

shoot sorry edit....it was the b200 MKII i read the review on. sorry there op.
  7. oleskool

oleskool

8. NiShrubberyMan

NiShrubberyMan

No problem. I think I am gonna go with the B15. In the one review I found there was nothing negative and I might be able to help others out.
  9. NiShrubberyMan

NiShrubberyMan

10. oleskool

oleskool