first fretless recording

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by jamersonburton, Jan 3, 2013.

1. jamersonburton

jamersonburton

hey guys, i got a fretless bass 2 months ago and i finally made a recording of it... well, a song using the bass. Listening to it again, i would say that there are some rythm issues and a bit of intonation problems.
    HOWEVER, for all you players (fretless or not), tell me what you think of this recording:
    Link is in my signature and the song is called: "Clutch"
    Thank you so much.

2. bassteban

bassteban

Nice- I liked it. Wanted to hear some more crashing, reverb-laden drums and a beautiful-but-disturbed, operatic female voice in there. Not pointing fingers, but I'd work on intonation a bit. I hope this helps!

3. portlandguy

portlandguy

the fretless cuts thru nicely,

4. Disappear

Disappear

First listen through...

I really like your part, it really adds to the song. I frankly can't stand the strumming pattern used. The bridge does have some intonation (~2:00). I don't think the guitar solo there fits either... or it might just need some tightening up. I don't like how the outro concludes; seems abrupt. The chorus (~1:30) sounds clunky and I don't know what else to say about it.

I love your melody, it makes the song.

My suggestion, which coincides with bassteban, is add some interest points with dyanmics? I think another thing that was bothering me was the variance between your legato playing vs. the staccatto parts the guitar was playing sometimes. If it's a chill song you wanted, less the attack on the notes, eg. play more smoothly and vice versa.

did I mention I liked your bassline?

5. Register to disable this ad