1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

First Garage band recording - Goodbyes are ok

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by antoniolopez90, Dec 26, 2013.

1. antoniolopez90

antoniolopez90

Oh kay! guys this is my first real rough recording on garage band. Let me know what you think. I am sure there is tons of areas to improve in so please point them out.

The bass line I think can probably be more defined in terms of what notes I want to play, honestly I was improving some of it I didnt run through it enough times to really decide what I wanted to do. I think the second half has more or less what I want to use though.

I know very little about song writing and even less about writing bass lines! The only concept I remember from a youtube video I remember was the bass line going against chords so I tried to do that sorta, let me know if I was successful?

I have this as a garage band project so if a clean vs fuzzy bass line might sound better in someones opinion let me know and Ill get it exported and uploaded!

Anyways I am done boring you to death if you read this far thanks and please have a listen!

Also....excuse teh singing :D

https://soundcloud.com/antonio-lopez-134/goodbyes-are-ok