1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

First Garage band recording - Goodbyes are ok

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by antoniolopez90, Dec 26, 2013.

1. antoniolopez90

antoniolopez90 Supporting Member

Oh kay! guys this is my first real rough recording on garage band. Let me know what you think. I am sure there is tons of areas to improve in so please point them out.

The bass line I think can probably be more defined in terms of what notes I want to play, honestly I was improving some of it I didnt run through it enough times to really decide what I wanted to do. I think the second half has more or less what I want to use though.

I know very little about song writing and even less about writing bass lines! The only concept I remember from a youtube video I remember was the bass line going against chords so I tried to do that sorta, let me know if I was successful?

I have this as a garage band project so if a clean vs fuzzy bass line might sound better in someones opinion let me know and Ill get it exported and uploaded!

Anyways I am done boring you to death if you read this far thanks and please have a listen!

Also....excuse teh singing :D

https://soundcloud.com/antonio-lopez-134/goodbyes-are-ok