1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

First gig in a while...

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by The BurgerMeister, Apr 10, 2014.

1. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister

...as a bassist, that is. Playing in the pit orchestra of the local high school for their Spring Musical. Yay!

I've been doing lots of guitar playing and choir directing lately... It's exciting to pick up my Jazz again. Wish me luck! :)

2. BassCliff

BassCliff

Hi,

I love high school musicals! :)

I did Spamalot last month and the kids were great.

Break a leg! (That's theater talk.) :p

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

3. RDUB

RDUB Supporting Member

Good stuff! Always lots of fun...

4. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister

I used to do pit gigs all the time in high school and summers after that... Always lots of fun. The musical we're doing is "Shrek." Lots of fun so far!

Only six rehearsals left (other bass player dropped out for "family reasons") so I have LOTS of practicing to do!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister

It's been done for a while now, but just reporting back. It was a great gig, and I had lots of fun doing it. Looking forward to the next one! If anyone ever gets the chance to play "Shrek: The Musical," do it. There are many fun, challenging, and tasty bass lines in that show!

Rock on, folks!

BassCliff likes this.