1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

First gig with the new band - live on radio

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by EddiePlaysBass, Oct 21, 2013.

1. EddiePlaysBass

EddiePlaysBass

Hi everyone,

A while back I joined a pop coverband. Then quit, rejoined, quit again and rejoined again ... :rollno: Let's just say they are very patient people :)

Anyway, last Sunday we had our first gig: we were supposed to play 2 tracks for a local radio station, and do a short interview. We ended up playing 5 songs and cutting a jingle for the show :D

It was great fun, though a bit weird for a first gig: we played live in the hallway and had to stop after every song, because they would play some other music and then interview some of us. But they liked what they heard and talked about having us back AND making us "the house band" - though I have no idea what it means in their case ...

If anyone cares to have a listen, songs marked "@ Parkstad" are from this particular gig.

http://www.marigoldband.nl/Audio.htm

You'll get some DJ blabber first :) And yes, that is the language we speak in the Netherlands and (part of) Belgium ;)
  2. BassCliff

BassCliff

Hi,

Very fun! A few years ago, well maybe more than a few, my band was invited to play the bumper music for an LA talk radio station during "The Mr. KFI Show". We had a blast and had some "on air" interview time to promote the band. I have the audio from the show but it's on cassette tapes. (I guess that shows you how long ago it was. That, and my mullet haircut! ;)) That's me standing next to "Mr. KFI" behind the microphone.

[​IMG]

The best of luck to you and your new group. Break a leg!

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff