1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

First Gig with U Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tin Dog, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Tin Dog

Tin Dog

I just played my first gig for the year with my band and used my U bass on the first two songs. We are called Neatly Folded Goat and you can hear us here. http://www.reverbnation.com/neatlyfoldedgoat
    I played the U Bass on "Upon her Ocean" the first song in our set. As I started, I looked over at the sound engineer and saw his eyes widen and mouth the word f**k, while he adjusted the desk. I looked over to a friend, also a bass player and saw him say f**k. No-body expects such fat bottom end from what someone at the gig called a toy. I play through a Mark Bass Compressore then into a Sans Amp then into my Little Mark Tube 500 and out through David Eden 2x12 bin. I had a sweet spot on the stage where I could feel the bass through my feet. It was one of those perfect gigs.
    I got plenty of possitive comments about the U Bass after the gig. I love my new toy.

2. Avalon

Avalon