1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

First Open Mic playing Bass

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by ebick, Dec 18, 2013.

1. ebick

ebick

Been a long time guitarist, done plenty of OMs with six strings, but started playing bass around Labor Day. Last night I was able to play bass with the "house band" and it felt great. I'm feeling really comfortable down on the low end.
  2. kikstand454

kikstand454 Supporting Member

Wtg man..... open mics are awesome. Great way to trial by fire!
    A majority of open mic gigs lead to auditions..... so keep at it!
  3. sowilson

sowilson

It's better on the bottom, isn't it!
  4. Gaolee

Gaolee The Fat Violin Supporting Member

Congratulations and welcome to the low end.
  5. Lemoore-on

Lemoore-on

I got the gig I've been in for 6 years from an OMN. I was in the house band and the GP, drummer & singer came up to play. They asked me to stay and we did a few songs and at the end of the night asked me to join their band. I wasn't happy in the house band so.........