First performance coming in February

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Super Iridium, Nov 26, 2013.

1. Super Iridium

Super Iridium Supporting Member

My son's cub scout troop has an annual dinner where some of the parents play a few songs during the program. There was an opening for a bass player for this year's dinner, and since no one with any real skills was available, the gig is MINE!! YES!!!:hyper:

Anyway, I'm kind of scared to be doing this, but the songs we're playing are pretty easy, and I'm practicing them now, way in advance (the dinner is in February). So far, it's going to be Blitzkrieg Bop by the Ramones, Velvet Underground's Sweet Jane, and one more song to be determined by the other band members.

So if anyone is interested, I will try to update my progress here and I will certainly post again after the gig to record how it went. My wife will catch it all on video too, so you'll have plenty to see and comment on when the time comes.

2. MalcolmAmos

MalcolmAmos Supporting Member

Good for you. Have fun.

3. Russell L

Russell L

Best of luck to you, pal. I hope it goes well, and I'm sure it will. And it's for a good cause (hey, I was a Cub Scout and Boy Scout). Have a good time and don't worry. You'll do fine.

4. GKon

GKon Supporting Member, Boom-Chicka-Boom Supporting Member

Sounds like a blast!! Please do keep us updated.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Super Iridium

Super Iridium Supporting Member

I definitely will, and thank you again for the kind words. Finding opportunities to play has become kind of a personal quest for me, and this one should be fun!