Fishman Loudbox experience

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by chuck3, Mar 17, 2014.

1. chuck3

chuck3

had a gig last night where I needed to play both upright and harmonica at a small venue. Took the Fishman Loudbox Artist, which is a very small Fishman amp, and put the upright through one channel, and the harps through a mic into the other channel. EQ'd completely differently of course. I checked with Fishman before doing this and they said I wouldn't hurt the amp, but it wasn't really designed for bass response.

End result - sounded really good, people loved it. Will only work up to a certain size venue (it's an 8" plus a 1" tweeter, I think). But very accurate acoustic amp.
  2. Steve Boisen

Steve Boisen Supporting Member

I have a Fishman Loudbox Mini which I've used on duo gigs where I switch between bass, acoustic guitar and ukulele. I wouldn't use it for a gig playing bass alongside a a drummer, but it worked surprisingly well the times I've used it as a bass amp.

Fishman makes some really good products. I like my Full Circle and Pro EQ Platinum too. It more than makes up for my time spent with the BP-100 :D

- Steve
  3. Steve Boisen

I think Fishman should make an acoustic bass amplifier. It's only logical considering their current product line.

- Steve
  4. Mark Gollihur

Mark Gollihur Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Chief Low-Frequency Facilitator, Gollihur Music LLC
    I have been telling them this, directly, for several years. They have yet to heed my advice. :meh:
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Ric Vice

Ric Vice Gold Supporting Member

Well, I owned one of the original Fishman Bass Blenders and it was better sounding than most of the gear available at the time, but they'd there's so much competition now, that I'm not sure their interested in competing for that small market share, there's a lot more acoustic guitarist that bassists.

Ric
  7. chuck3

chuck3

that's one reason it's easier for bass players to get the gigs!:bassist: Seriously, I think they could make an amp suitable for both bassists and guitarists.
  8. Steve Boisen

-- Fishman Support --

Steve Boisen,

A customer support staff member has replied to your support request, #527249 with the following response:

Hi Steve,

I believe our engineers have been working on a bass amp. It has been pushed on the back burner a bit, but it is something they wanted to address in our amp line. I'm hoping we'll have something in the next year or so.

Thanks, Derek

Derek Alves | Customer Support Representative Fishman Acoustic Amplification dalves@fishman.com
    www.fishman.com

- Steve