1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Fit For A King Bass Tone

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Unspoken511, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Unspoken511

Unspoken511

That Bass Tone
    It's present at about 0:11

Any advice on how I'd achieve that? I know I'll never get it exact without being him, but the closer the better. I use a hartke hydrive 1x15, and a zoom b2.1u multi effects pedal, as well as a 5 string schecter. I know alot of you probably think that sound sucks, I kind of do too, but I need to sound like that for a project I'm working on with a local band.

Thanks!
  2. redwookie

redwookie Supporting Member

I have no idea what the lyrics are (and can't usually understand lyrics anyway) but great song!

Sounds compressed. Also try a Darkglass B3K (gives a nice modern metal sound) with some sort of Octave box.