1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Fixing wood with Canola Oil and Vinegar

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by powmetalbassist, Jun 10, 2013.

1. powmetalbassist

powmetalbassist Supporting Member

So I was on facebook and came across a feed from one of my friends. They said that a mixture of canola oil and vinegar could be used to fix minor blemishes in wood (dents, chips, etc.). The example given was natural wood furniture (stained or unstained). I was wondering if this would work on a bass (the neck,rbody, or rosewood fingerboard) and if its even safe to try. might try to work on some old furniture before I put my babies (basses) to the test.

Any experience or suggestions with this?
  2. grinx

grinx

maybe Bleu Cheese dressing works too?
  3. Stone Soup

Stone Soup

Disclosures:
    GHS Strings, HipShot Products, Pick Guy custom picks
    I'm hungry. :)