1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Flammable solids!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Stilettoprefer, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Stilettoprefer

Stilettoprefer

Found a pile of huge flammable solids stickers at work and couldn't keep myself from grabbing one:p

Decided to put it on the body underneath my pickguard (I have a control plate, so the pickguard is changeable:D )

[​IMG]

And it covers up easily for the classier gigs

[​IMG]
  2. Darren Low

Darren Low

Ahahaha love it
  3. wvbass

wvbass

I love the "working man's" solutions on this bass. The grounding strap at the bridge. The electrical tape over the pole pieces. Love it!
  4. Stilettoprefer

Stilettoprefer

Thanks!
  5. Zoomie

Zoomie Supporting Member

I am not a fan of putting stickers on a bass for the sake of stickering. This is the exception. I really like it.

Rock on and try not to burst in to flames during any hardcore fills.
  6. smogg

smogg

Oh yeah...that bass just screams "play me, play me loud." Great job on the sticker.
  7. skychief

skychief Gold Supporting Member

When I think of flammable solids, Sodium and Magnesium pop into mind. But then I thought, hey, wood is a flammable solid, so the sticker is perfectly appropriate for your bass! :cool:

edit: Oh, the top pic looks like seafoam green and the bottom pic looks like surf green. Just curious...which is it?
  8. Stilettoprefer

Stilettoprefer

We actually work with magnesium at the shop and have to mark the containers of scrap, so that's why we have a huge pile of those stickers:p

To be honest about the color, I have no clue. I'm color blind in the green department, so it just looks like the same blue-ish green to me in both pics. My mom, sister, girlfriend and buddies liked this color, and it looks good to me, so I used it haha.

I think the cans were labelled as "malachite". The brand of lacquer I used was Montana gold with rust-oleum painters touch white primer.

Edit: the first pic looks darker because my shadow is probably over it haha. Multiple bright lights in my bedroom....
  9. Stilettoprefer

Stilettoprefer

Kept my shadow out of the way for this pic:

[​IMG]
  10. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Looks kinda cool. It'd double as a great band name.
  11. lowphatbass

lowphatbass **** Supporting Member