1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Flat Mount Bridge on an Epiphone Thunderbird?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by UnfortunateTony, Dec 9, 2012.

1. UnfortunateTony

UnfortunateTony

Hey all.

I recently went a bit crazy at a gig and the bridge anchors on my Epiphone thunderbird pulled clean out. It stripped the thing, so there's no putting the old bridge back in. I figure the best course of action is to get a flat mount bridge (Gotoh, Badass, etc.) but I'm not sure it would work.

TL;DR

Anyone have a thunderbird that they put a flat mount bridge on? Does it work?
  2. T-Bird

T-Bird

Hi.

I haven't found a need to do so, the 3-point has been working without problems for me.

BUT, anything's doable.
    You just have to deepen the PU cavities a bit and re-angle the neck to match the lower string height.

Another option would be to raise the bridge with a spacer block, perhaps easier if You don't have any woodworking tools/experience.

Regards
    Sam