1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Flats on a Thunderbird Classic IV ?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by bassman75, Mar 17, 2014.

1. bassman75

bassman75

Good morning, I could get this Epiphone Thunderbird, really great bass, very comfortable for my taste, powerful and loud sounds.
    My question is, (I've read some comments here about this), someone put strings on your Thunderbird Flats and has been successful? If so, what kind of strings you used? Thank you!

2. gaffster787

gaffster787

I started using D'Addario ETB92 Med. gauge Tapewounds on my 2007 thunderbird with Lull Pickups about 2 years ago.
    They still sound great. Surprisingly bright. And good thump with a pick. They are "purer in tone" than rounds, with a little less growl, but I like that.
    [​IMG]

3. MICKUSS

MICKUSS

I had Chromes on an Epi T-bird and they felt\sounded amazing. Really good match.

4. bassman75

bassman75

Thanks for your answers. I've played a P-Bass with Daddario Chromes, obtaining good results, if I found something bright, maybe are appropriate for the T-Bird ....... I have not tried the D'Addario Med ETB92 Tapewounds gauge such I should give them a chance .....

5. Register to disable this ad