1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

flatwounds on active pickups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by allroundbassnut, Jan 1, 2013.

1. allroundbassnut

allroundbassnut

does it make a difference when your using active pickups? didnt know where to ask this sorry
  2. Wookieonbass

Wookieonbass

3. JazznFunk

JazznFunk Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Lakland Basses Artist
    flats on active basses sound great... You will typically have more inherent mid-punch and less treble to worry about overall, which can pleasingly alter the sound of some super modern active basses.
  4. phangtonpower

phangtonpower

I had la bellas strung on my active. I liked it, but from what I read here a lot of people prefer it on passives. I don't really know how to word it, but it sounded more powerful on my active bass when compared to my passive.
  5. allroundbassnut

allroundbassnut

thank you guys so much!