1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Fleabass Dilemma

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Nivek91, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Nivek91

Nivek91 Supporting Member

I am aware that Fleabass has been terminated and product pulled etc etx. I wanted one then, and still want one now, more for a project.

Refinish, refit etc etc etc

I can't find a used one anywhere, let alone a new one.

Does anyone have any leads?

2. ljholland

ljholland

3. Burwabit

Burwabit Likes guitars that tune good and firm feelin women Supporting Member

they sell on ebay all the time

4. TolerancEJ

TolerancEJ

As I recall, those Fleabasses weren't particularly well received by the bass community. Is there some reason in particular you're looking for one? You may be able to find the qualities you want in a different instrument. (Just an idea.)

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Nivek91

Nivek91 Supporting Member

I'm really just big on the looks. I have the tools now to really make my own custom build, but I just like the way they look. I could easily pick up something really nice, but I want to put some work in on it, really make it something cool.

I'm in the process of hot rodding my Jazz Bass, just looking for the next project.

I haven't been able to find any on ebay lately.

7. Maxdusty

Maxdusty Supporting Member

Flea basses show up once in a great while, there was a white one on GC's used basses not too long ago. That's gone unfortunately. I do have a suggestion though if you like the looks of the bass but want to work on customizing it. There's the MusicMan looking bass on ebay by Dr. Tech. Nice look to it but could use some work to make it better. I had one not too long ago- Price is $99. Decent sounding basses that could be made a lot better.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dr-Tech-Cla...W-/111264693672?pt=Guitar&hash=item19e7e47da8