1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Floating river Yangtzee video question...

Discussion in 'Ask Tony Grey' started by adamsmatthewj, Dec 5, 2013.

1. adamsmatthewj

adamsmatthewj Supporting Member

Hey tony!

Been seriously enjoying the YouTube video you did of Floating River Yangtzee from your studio...

I've learned a ton by watching it, I'm so glad you did it on the 4 string! So much easier to see the fingerings!

Wondering (since there aren't any camera shots) if you could (just quickly) break down what you're hitting on your pedalboard during that performance?

Loopers? (I know there are a few loops you're triggering)
    Effects? (I her what seem to be a POG in there)
    Midi controllers?
    Effects on your vocal mic?

Just curious! It's a great performance man. I'm super into this type of playing/composing/performing right now and am really trying to study it.
  2. tony grey

tony grey Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsements; Yamaha, Fodera, Aguilar, TC Electronic, Peterson, Zoom
    Hi there thanks for your question...
    I'm glad you like the video.
    On this track it's all done on the Boomerang II looper you can have like 4 independent loops going on all the time. Basically just bringing them in and out as you please.
    I also have a Line 6 DL4 linked in too so I can shift my loops up an octave.

I am using a Pog, TC Electronic Flashback Delay and Hall Of Fame Rerverb.

The Vocals just a reverb.

No Midi controllers.

Good luck with your writing I look forward to hearing some.
    all the best . Tony
  3. adamsmatthewj

adamsmatthewj Supporting Member

The boomerang! That's what it is. I knew there was something going on, didn't know if u we're using something pc based or what. having the ability to bring multiple loops in and out... U crushed it man!
  4. tony grey

tony grey Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsements; Yamaha, Fodera, Aguilar, TC Electronic, Peterson, Zoom
    Oh thanks dude