1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Focusrite Saffire USB

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Neverender, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Neverender

Neverender

Hello TB, looking for a little advice. After some recommendations from a friend as well as a decent chunk of research I had my heart set on picking up a Focusrite Saffire USB 6. I know they were discontinued but a site said they had them new in stock so I ordered one.

Unfortunately yesterday I received an e-mail stating they were out of stock and I could have a full refund or store credit. Obviously I am dismayed but appreciative they are being flexible and prompt.

I had my heart set on getting a new (not used) interface and the USB 6 seemed to be the absolute best value for features, pack-ins, usability, reliability. I hear the Scarlett line is plagued with problems and input clipping on both the mic and instrument lines.

Any one have any recommendations where I could find a new USB 6? Amazon only has used ones. Or any alternative recommendations, maybe I can get them to cut me a deal on a more expensive interface?

Thank you for reading, I know it is a lot of text, I appreciate it!
  2. stinky634

stinky634 Supporting Member

I nabbed a new one a couple years ago and love it. Good luck to you. I was gonna say amazon but you looked already. There's no shame in getting a used one.