Focusrite Saffire USB

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Neverender, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Neverender

Neverender

Hello TB, looking for a little advice. After some recommendations from a friend as well as a decent chunk of research I had my heart set on picking up a Focusrite Saffire USB 6. I know they were discontinued but a site said they had them new in stock so I ordered one.

Unfortunately yesterday I received an e-mail stating they were out of stock and I could have a full refund or store credit. Obviously I am dismayed but appreciative they are being flexible and prompt.

I had my heart set on getting a new (not used) interface and the USB 6 seemed to be the absolute best value for features, pack-ins, usability, reliability. I hear the Scarlett line is plagued with problems and input clipping on both the mic and instrument lines.

Any one have any recommendations where I could find a new USB 6? Amazon only has used ones. Or any alternative recommendations, maybe I can get them to cut me a deal on a more expensive interface?

Thank you for reading, I know it is a lot of text, I appreciate it!
  2. adamaarts

adamaarts Supporting Member

I nabbed a new one a couple years ago and love it. Good luck to you. I was gonna say amazon but you looked already. There's no shame in getting a used one.