1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Fodera lane poor pickups purchased on eBay, real or fake?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by slap_funk, Dec 26, 2012.

1. slap_funk

slap_funk

I recently picked up some pickups on eBay that are supposed to be from a fodera. They will match nicely with my fodera pope preamp I bought last year, if they aren't fakes. They are a little fishy because the logos have been "intentionally obscured" for some reason, and they are 4.625" as opposed to the 4.65" normal 6 string width. The tabs also don't look like the early Anthony Jackson pickup tabs on another thread.

There were some posters about lane poor pickups that seemed to have a lot of information about the subject. Any advice would be appreciated, if I have to send them back I would be disappointed but better off than hosed!!!
    :confused:wC

Attached Files:

2. Just Thumpin'

Just Thumpin' Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Manager and Partner, Fodera Guitars (as of 10/14/09)
    The picture that you posted don't really allow for the possibility of helping you. Can you pose better quality pictures of both sides?

Regards,

Jason

3. slap_funk

slap_funk

Those were the ebay photos. When I have them in hand I will definately do that! Thanks for taking a look
  4. slap_funk

slap_funk

It turns out I picked these up from Rob Elrick so I am sure they are the real deal. I am excited to get this Frankenfodera going! Thanks for the response
    :bassist: