Fodera Matt Garrison Standard

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by otto B, Nov 1, 2013.

1. otto B

otto B Supporting Member

I am interested to know if anyone out there that owns a Fodera Matt Garrison Standard converted the bass from stock E-C to B-G? I am thinking about this bass but I only play B-G. I would like to hear your feedback.
  2. dje31

dje31

Can't comment on that---besides having to re-cut / change the nut---but to my eye, that thing is ugly as homemade sin.

You'd probably also have to adjust the truss rod, maybe the intonation on the bridge, to account for the different string gauges and tension.
  3. LakeEffect

LakeEffect Supporting Member

Post this in fodera club, there is a user "Aj... something", with a red-ish avatar i believe, hat was selling one in the classified strung B-G, he can help ya out!
  4. otto B

otto B Supporting Member

I would but in the past I had post some questions and they hardly get answer, so I decided to place the question outside the club.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. otto B

otto B Supporting Member

I do agree there is some adjustments needing to be made but my questing is how the B string being at least a .125would it sound being a 33" scale
  7. Flaked Beans

Flaked Beans

The low B on your 33" MGS will be just fine.
  8. nostatic

nostatic Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: FEA Labs, Jule Amps
    Loved mine, but never strung it B-G. You might also think about going with a .120 B-string.