1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Foot Pedals with Transcribe

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by lyla1953, Feb 20, 2014.

1. lyla1953

lyla1953 Supporting Member

Looking for recommendations - Inexpensive but Quality - Daily 2 to 4 hour use.

My Transcribe program is installed on an old Mac (v10.5)
    works great BUT,

I'd like easier control for basic functions during practice;
    -Set loop start/stop and back to the beginning of loop
    -Pause
    -Start
    -Speed control

Thank You!
  2. Ryan Donahue

Ryan Donahue

I am interested in this as well. I don't have any experience with foot pedals and transcribe yet but I am setting up a standing/ergo desk for work and practice. I'm planning on doing the same thing you are looking for via foot pedals. Kinesis has a great reputation for high end ergonomic keyboards. They seem to have a nice selection of USB pedals as well. They are a little pricier but I'd expect their pedals to be of equal quality to their keyboards. From there I'd imagine setting up the controls in Transcribe would be straight forward. If not you'd probably be able to use an app like USB Overdrive to map keyboard commands to the pedals.

https://www.kinesis-ergo.com/shop/#foot-section