For anyone possibly interested in synths...

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by Joe Nerve, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    I've been in the market for a sythesizer and researching them pretty extensively. The link below is to a new M audio one that's getting pretty sweet reviews. I think musiciansfriend goofed has it listed for $399 as opposed to the $499 price tag. It can't be found anywhere else at that price. It's only been available online (as far as I know) for about a week. If you're interested I say jump on it now. Also acts as a recording interface.

http://keyboards-midi.musiciansfriend.com/product/MAudio-Venom-Synthesizer?sku=485876

M audio promo:

2. peterwsmith

peterwsmith

Darn. Looks like it's not up anymore!
  3. Joe Nerve

Disclosures:
    Wow. It really isn't. The keyboard isn't even on their site. I've a feeling someone might be losing their job over this. :)

Good new for you (possibly) if you're still interested is that they listed it for $399 in their catlog also. Call if ya want it. Item number is 485876. 800-249-8509.
  4. Joe Nerve

Disclosures:
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. peterwsmith

peterwsmith

Jeez! If I wasn't so set on a Ric I'd definitely be thinking about one of these.

You said you did some extensive research on synths... what made you pick this one?
  7. kenstee

kenstee Supporting Member

Maybe it's a mistake. However...It's also $399 direct from Amazon with a 2-5 week wait.

OR, go to the site http://www.amazon.com/M-Audio-Venom...6JTO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1298581757&sr=8-1, then click where it says "10 new" (which is in green) and on the next page that comes up you can order DIRECT from MF or 123 for that $399 price! And it's In Stock. Good luck! If you wanted it I would act immediately though........
  8. Joe Nerve

Disclosures:
    Yes. I said that already. :)

The price was at the top of my list. The size and weight (don't want to lug around a huge heavy keyboard) was pretty close to the top too. The reviews. The sound, which I agree is pretty aggressive. The fact that from everything I read on this it seems you really can create pretty much any synth sound you want. I like too that it has like 700 presets (single + multi), AND maybe most importantly, I'll be able to sell off my line 6 that I'm using as a recording interface right now. I never use the keyboard because it's only 3 octaves and I don't like the feel of it. Couple of other reasons, but that's the gyst of it. All other syths between 300 and 600 seemed boring also. Nothing exciting about them, and nothing I can't really do with a controller and software I already own.
  9. Joe Nerve

Disclosures:
    Not that anyone cares....

but...

the par tay has ended. :)
  10. plekan

plekan

This thing is sick Joe. And I like your playing.
  11. Andy Walhor

Andy Walhor

12. Joe Nerve

Disclosures:
    Wow. Glad that came and went quickly. I've got mine on craigslist now. For $250. :/